pictures of duallie beds??

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
[moderation]

OK Guys..... before we have another thread get out of hand and get shut down because of the content. Please, stop the fighting, and arguing. This is on the line of becoming a personal attack. I do not want to have to shut it down because of a difference in opinion. He had an idea and asked for pictures to see if his idea would work, agree with the idea or not, that is how this thread started.

So, offically, KNOCK IT OFF!!!!! - First and only warning. Another member brought this up and I had hoped that would be enought. It apparently was not.

[/moderation]

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
and then you have no bracing behind it to keep the side of the bed from flexing and cracking,plus the fresh metal to rust.good idea ;Sweet:rolleyes:

I said NOTHING about removing the inner wheel well. I said to cut the outer fender well lip off (About 4") . Nothing was mentioned at all about removing the INNER wheel well.

tractorman86

Reaction score
It's all opinions guys, if he doesn't like conversion fenders then he doesn't like them. Personally I think with a little extra support work they could be fine but the key thing here is he doesn't agree. where the pics of goldie not enough?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said NOTHING about removing the inner wheel well. I said to cut the outer fender well lip off (About 4") . Nothing was mentioned at all about removing the INNER wheel well.

never said anything about the inner wheel well.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that the Inner supports are NOT sold separately. It would be LESS time and effort to just bolt on Conversion fenders to a SRW bed and be done. Especially since you have a "cherry" SRW bed. And the inner sides would not be "hacked" together. I dont know what conversion fenders you were looking at, but everyone I have see has a fit and finish like factory, and unless you look under the bed, you cant tell the difference

Then what "no bracing" were you talking about? The conversion fenders go on just like the SD fenders do, and I have yet to see a SD or conversion dually have an issue

IIRC there is no bracing behind the wheel opening on a srw

what i want for pictures are good close ups of the bracing and where the bed side folds under for the top of the fender to bolt to it.i replaced my passengers fender but i dont remember what it looked like in there.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2938725890073615033buvvSb

Last edited:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
These are the inner wheel wheels, which are the bracing. They go from the bed side to the inside wheel well IN the bed.
These were removed from the 79 I redid, to clean rust and modify them so rust doesnt happen again
You must be registered for see images attach

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for them to do any bracing they must be welded to the same lip you cut off for the conversion fenders.so again we're back to nothing supporting the side of the bed and more to end up rotting out.

zebrabeefj40

Reaction score
Way back in post #8 I said I've done what the OP wants to do. Cut about 4" outside of the flares on a dually bed. Cut both the inside skin and the outside skin and along the floor next to the inner skin. Bring those pieces home from where ever you cut them and lay them on the floor with the outer skin up. Drill all the spotwelds the mate the bracing to the inner skin. I cut the outer skin just outside where the flare hits. This is the piece you need to splice into the SRW bed to mount the OE dually flares.

I trimmed the SRW bed outer skin roughly the same place with the idea being you end up with the weld line under the edge of the flare. I'm not the best butt welding sheetmetal together so it's a little wavy but not enough that a skim of filler won't fix it. Plug weld the previously drilled spot welds on the bracing to connect the inner skin to the outer skin. Then metal finish to whatever quality you need it to be.

I'm not having much luck posting pics so 94f450sd if you wanna see what I did you'll have to PM me your email addy so I can send pics.

Nick

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way back in post #8 I said I've done what the OP wants to do. Cut about 4" outside of the flares on a dually bed. Cut both the inside skin and the outside skin and along the floor next to the inner skin. Bring those pieces home from where ever you cut them and lay them on the floor with the outer skin up. Drill all the spotwelds the mate the bracing to the inner skin. I cut the outer skin just outside where the flare hits. This is the piece you need to splice into the SRW bed to mount the OE dually flares.

I trimmed the SRW bed outer skin roughly the same place with the idea being you end up with the weld line under the edge of the flare. I'm not the best butt welding sheetmetal together so it's a little wavy but not enough that a skim of filler won't fix it. Plug weld the previously drilled spot welds on the bracing to connect the inner skin to the outer skin. Then metal finish to whatever quality you need it to be.

I'm not having much luck posting pics so 94f450sd if you wanna see what I did you'll have to PM me your email addy so I can send pics.

Nick

THANK YOU!!!!and when its done you can barely notice what was done.

f450sprdty aol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online

No members online now.