Pics of my new '85

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the pictures of the 85 I purchased last week. I have many questions but won't ask them all right now. I have another post going "new 85 suggestions" and was asked to validate my purchase with pictures so these are for you mudkickr. The girl didn't come with the truck, but she likes the "cowboy truck" as she calls it.

Attachments

• truck 1.jpg
    truck 1.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 54
  • truck 2.jpg
    truck 2.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 64
  • truck 3.jpg
    truck 3.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 57
  • truck 4.jpg
    truck 4.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 66

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Damn good looking truck! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it? :D

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
That truck is CLEAN!!! Very nice buy.

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mind!!!! $3,700.00 I'm very satisfied with the price I paid. Truck has 104,000 original miles, one owner, and he was a perfectionist. Original owner passed away last spring, and I bought the truck from his wife through his son. Rides and drives like it was brand new.

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picture of the interior doesn't do it justice, carpet is spotless, no tears in seats, door panels are great, power windows and locks work. My 6ft. 16 year old son doesn't like the back seat though!! My wife told him he shouldn't be back there alone OR with anyone.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Picture of the interior doesn't do it justice, carpet is spotless, no tears in seats, door panels are great, power windows and locks work. My 6ft. 16 year old son doesn't like the back seat though!!

Haha I know that feeling very well. I'm 16 and 6'1. Everyone makes fun of me because I'm 16 and have had 32 cars lol

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind!!!! $3,700.00 I'm very satisfied with the price I paid. Truck has 104,000 original miles, one owner, and he was a perfectionist. Original owner passed away last spring, and I bought the truck from his wife through his son. Rides and drives like it was brand new.
Texas trucks are either very well taken care of or rode hard and put away wet. Looks like you got the first of the two. take and post pics of the undercarriage and make the rustbelters green with jealousy:D;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW! NO rust under the extended cab window. VERY rare around here.... ;Sweet

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments, I'm awful proud of it. I have some things I'd like to do it to make it more enjoyable to me. Bucket seats (any comments on year models that will interchange easily). Would also like to have a 5spd in it, but that can wait. First thing I need to do is get some reliable guages in it as the Oil pressure guage doesn't seem too accurate (pressure seems to go down when engine RPM's are increased and never reads past the O in Normal. I'm hoping this a guage problem and not something more (the truck runs perfect, no knock or anything that would suggest low oil pressure), the temp guage is all over the place but never above midway (drove 60 miles at highway speeds and temp guage was almost not reading needle on cold side. Also need to put a tach on it as there wasn't one from the factory, but after reading some posts it looks like the middle spot in cluster will come out and a factory tach from a donor truck would go in easily. I look forward to gaining more knowledge from this site and appreciate any and all comments. One other thing I've been looking for is rear end gears that are in it, door sticker code is C9 for axle and P for transmission. I'm thinking 3.55's and a T-19 tranny, I haven't crawled under and looked at the axle itself for markings yet. I do have some very nice Diamond Plate running boards and all hardware that came off of it if anyone is interested, I'll be posting pics of them in the marketplace soon.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments, I'm awful proud of it. I have some things I'd like to do it to make it more enjoyable to me. Bucket seats (any comments on year models that will interchange easily). Would also like to have a 5spd in it, but that can wait. First thing I need to do is get some reliable guages in it as the Oil pressure guage doesn't seem too accurate (pressure seems to go down when engine RPM's are increased and never reads past the O in Normal. I'm hoping this a guage problem and not something more (the truck runs perfect, no knock or anything that would suggest low oil pressure), the temp guage is all over the place but never above midway (drove 60 miles at highway speeds and temp guage was almost not reading needle on cold side. Also need to put a tach on it as there wasn't one from the factory, but after reading some posts it looks like the middle spot in cluster will come out and a factory tach from a donor truck would go in easily. I look forward to gaining more knowledge from this site and appreciate any and all comments. One other thing I've been looking for is rear end gears that are in it, door sticker code is C9 for axle and P for transmission. I'm thinking 3.55's and a T-19 tranny, I haven't crawled under and looked at the axle itself for markings yet. I do have some very nice Diamond Plate running boards and all hardware that came off of it if anyone is interested, I'll be posting pics of them in the marketplace soon.

Them factory guages aint worth a crap. I have seperate aftermarket guages but my factory oil pressure guage is still hooked up and it barely goes past the N, so I wouldnt worry too much.

First and least expensive thing to do to that truck is add guages, especially water temp!

That truck looks just like mine, minus the extra cab. Even has the same hubcaps mine had when I got it. By the way, beautiful truck.;Sweet