Picked up another one...

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
More pics

More pics:

It has the long jack crank handle.

You must be registered for see images attach

Verified that it has a T-19 transmission.

But also noticed this:

The PO said that the rad support had been changed out with one from a 5.8 gasser. I think maybe he meant just the valence piece between the rad support and grill, because the rad support sure looks original and the radiator fits just like it should.

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
bbjordan how did your tow bar and more so the frame mount brackets hold up for towing? did you have to go far? still held up going into the ditch and everything it looks like? i like the simplicity of design, i was going to run a bar across the rails for mine but i may go this route if you were pleased with it.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
jay22day, I had no problems with the tow bar, even running into the ditch. :rolleyes: In my opinion, if it can't handle that, it's not much good.

I did have an incident towing a 1997 F-250 once where I forgot to unlock the steering column. :idiot: First corner I took, the '97 wanted to keep going straight. Bent the bumper mounting bracket on the '97, but the tow bar was fine.

I like the idea of putting a bar across the brackets. Stronger is better.

If you are going to tow like that, put some (a lot of) weight in the back. When you are towing over 3 tons of vehicle it tends to steer the back end of the towing truck where ever it wants! :eek:

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
newsflash for the folks in the lower 48......
most states require a braking system on towed vehicles over 6k/lbs in weight. a RC truck comes really close to that limit.
up north in Canada, the rules are different. not because of added commonsense, but if you do something dumb, usually you are the only one it hurts.

jay22day

Dunce
Reaction score
Your absolutely right tow cat!!! alot of people dont know that.

Im good here in ohio, no such laws on towed vehicle braking ;Sweet brake away kits are required though.

My exhaust brake is more than enough to get the job done :sly

In ohio you can triple tow with a class D license :rotflmao

Something else people overlook is that you need road flair triangles and a fire extinguisher. With my background in propane flame effects id recommend a purple k chemical fire extinguisher. They're pretty expensive but they will put out fuel driven fires. You cant put a price on that in an emergency. While small unit may seem practical my huge unit has a 32 second blast. That's a long extinguishing blast, small ones will empty before you know it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online