Pick-N-Pull in Nor-Cal

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you by chance find a U.S. Gear (or Doug Nash) OD unit for a 4x4, I'd be very interested. I'm looking for the style that mounts between the tranny and the transfer case. I think that one from any '80-'97 Ford truck 4x4 (gas or diesel, and any tranny) will fit...but I'm also guessing that you won't find one. :(

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since they have so many vans there as you said how about a muffler bearing?. If they do not have any of those then a bucket full of steam will be sufficient.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since they have so many vans there as you said how about a muffler bearing?. If they do not have any of those then a bucket full of steam will be sufficient.
that's getting just plain demeaning. the guy is trying to help out, not be a punching bag for jokes.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's getting just plain demeaning. the guy is trying to help out, not be a punching bag for jokes.

And some people have no sense of humor. I am sure if he seen or see it he will see it as a joke that you did not see. Lighten up a little and keep smiling.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
If you come across a good set of dark gray sunvisors (I have an 85, don't know if 87-later will work), I want them. Mine have the sad looking droopy-hanging-in-front-of-you-so-you-can't-see-squat unfixable disease. Even just good brackets and rods will be OK, my visors are fine. Thanks for posting!

I don't know what Ford was thinking about when they hung those long visors on the little rods held in the pot metal brackets.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you come across a good set of dark gray sunvisors (I have an 85, don't know if 87-later will work), I want them. Mine have the sad looking droopy-hanging-in-front-of-you-so-you-can't-see-squat unfixable disease. Even just good brackets and rods will be OK, my visors are fine. Thanks for posting!

I don't know what Ford was thinking about when they hung those long visors on the little rods held in the pot metal brackets.
FYI a sun visor off an '87+ will work just fine...I think that anything up to '97 will work perfectly. I think that all '87+ sunvisors are cloth and have a bar on the far side to go into a sun visor clip...which is really something they should have done on the earlier trucks. I have no idea why Ford thought that the early sun visors were fine without any support on the far side cookoo

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is something I could use. Although small I could use the rubber tip from the sun visor where it clips into the bracket. The bracket I have the rubber piece I do not so every time I hit a large bump the sun visor on the passenger side flops down. The junk yards around here do not let you take the parts yourself and I know that they would want to sell the whole visor.

Another thing I could use is the mirror glass on the mirror outside the truck. It has the Ford RV mirrors. If they have any box vans there that might be the right one. Ford has it but they want to sell you the mirror minus the brackets for over $100 and I just need the glass that is held in by the black rubber.

Although not the greatest picture of the mirror this will give you an idea of the type of mirror it is on the drivers side.

You must be registered for see images attach

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And some people have no sense of humor. I am sure if he seen or see it he will see it as a joke that you did not see. Lighten up a little and keep smiling.
this is the internet. i have no sense of humour unless if I know you. the words posted here can be taken wrong very quickly.
-moderator/admin

85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I've got all these thing taken down in my notes and I will be going on monday and tuesday so I will let you guys know what I find. They update the cars at the domestic pick-n-pull on sunday after they close so being there first thing monday morning gives me a good shot at the lot of fords :D

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a 92 crewcab rear door electric lock solenoid (they're different front/back). But, don't kill yourself on this one, they're kinda a pain to get to.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Reverse light wiring from the tranny to as far as you can go. Goes into the top of the tranny, dont know if a C6 wiring will work or not.

I need a fuel selector valve. If you find a cargo light with a good rubber grommit, that would be greatly appreciated. And a windshield wiper knob LOL.

Let me know if you can find any of these, and the price. It would be appreicated ;Sweet

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin did 85's have a cargo light as an option? What do they look like? My truck is about as base model as you can get, i dont even have the intermittent wiper function, what the hell????

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah mine has it, and that rubber is not doing so good, and the chrome on the actual trim is peeling. And yes I have intermittent wipers :D And inoperable cruise control...

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey i got that inoperable cruise option too lol seems like it was popular
do me a favor keep an eye out for a good set of knobs for the wipers and headlights (wont fall off) thanks and gimme a price first if u can

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.