Pick-N-Pull Finds

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I went to our local pick-n-pull earlier and I found an old 6.9 that has a non-wastegated Ats and they want 45 bucks for any turbocharger. this place is awesome. I bought the pyro for six bucks!! they want 125 dollars for any standard tranny. I have never been to one of these but they are so neato. I think I am going to get some more springs in the back for little bit of a lift.. They want 50 bucks for any set of springs.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea that's an awesome yard right there. Any of the yards around here would want $500 for that turbo and the same or more for a transmission. D60's are $1000 from a yard around here as well.

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet.

I suppose it all depends on the area..... if they get lots of business and can turn over lots of vehicles, it's great. Small, slow yards, they tend to charge more I think...

sassyrel

Reaction score
Ok I went to our local pick-n-pull earlier and I found an old 6.9 that has a non-wastegated Ats and they want 45 bucks for any turbocharger. this place is awesome. I bought the pyro for six bucks!! they want 125 dollars for any standard tranny. I have never been to one of these but they are so neato. I think I am going to get some more springs in the back for little bit of a lift.. They want 50 bucks for any set of springs.

cool---but did you get ALLLLLLL the turbo attaching parts???? you need them--get back there asap--

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You can always tell the yards that plan on getting all their business from body shops, they're the ones with the sky high rates. They figure they don't need any walk in business. and they price themselves at the 50% off dealer list bit which is rediculous because you can buy brand new aftermarket parts cheaper in a lot of cases than what they are trying to sell the used stuff for, and a lot of times the used stuff they are trying to sell is aftermarket cookoo. I simply won't fool with them.

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah and I thought San Anotonio didnt have any yards. I went to the South side of San Antonio and there were probably fifteen yards, but not quite as big. At the first place there were probably 15 in good shape 6.9's or 7.3's. The only problem is getting them out because you have to do all the work, no trucks either.