pensacoladiesel on ebay?

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys I saw a add for a set of rebuilt injectors for $108 from these guys and emailed them to ask a few questions. I told them I had a set off BBs and was wondering if they would rebuild them for the same price. I got the email this morning and they said they would rebuild mine or send me a set already done for the same price but there is absolutely no difference between the different codes. They have great feedback and I have had this told to me by several other rebuilders. With that being said what is the difference?

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
after rebuilding them, they all rebuild to bb or g spec. only new do the codes matter.

OnDaRoad

On the road ....
Reaction score
How about feedback from actual customers ?

I take it you are looking for feedback from actual customers? ;Sweet

I have bought (2) new sets of BB code injectors and (1) rebuilt
IDI pump from them over the last (3) years

I am very satisfied with their product & service :thumbsup:

In November 2010 they had a backorder of over 500 new BB
Delphi injectors to fill waiting on Delphi to ship

People talk trash - some of those people have a vested interest
in continuing badmouthing another business ;Really

The fact is Pensacola does high volume
because their prices & service satisfy the majority of their
customers ....

Jim

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You get what you pay for. Cheaper products are often remanufactured so that they work fine when you get them, but you will be buying them again soon. In other words, spend the money once and get a quality item that doesn't need replaced for 100K, or go cheap and replace every 20K. What's your labor worth?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
In my case I didn't have the extra dough and I needed to use the truck so it was a no brainer. I would have sprung for new Delphi's if I drove the truck a lot but it doesn't see regular use. We rebuild injectors at work, my buddy has everything in his fuel systems shop to build and test them...The critical components are replaced in a reman injector so why pay for the steel parts you already have???

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Like mel said, you can't rebuild the things properly at that price. Most quality rebuilders , including my local pump shop have stopped rebuilding stanadyne type injectors because at the labor time and parts involved they wind up being more expensive than brand new ones. At that price the only thing you can guarantee is that, like mel said, they will only last about 20k, if that long, and that's if they are any good at all to begin with.
Don't believe me or Mel, call around some Stanadyne certified pump shops and see what they tell you.. The moment youhave to replace just a nozzle on one of those things you are up higher than what those folks are charging and that's before any labour. Now . tell me how they are doing quality work at that rate.I've delt with one of their pumps before and it was trash.
I tried to save money with another of the cut rate injector rebuilders before theyhad earned their reputation in the hall of shame, diesel careless in Memphis and those POS things lasted a whopping 5000 miles before they started ******* all over the place and I ended up buying a set of new injectors
FOrget the rebuilt ones ( unless going first cabin for a set of moose misters :sly and get a set of new injectors and get them from Russ here on the site ( type 4 ) so you know that they have been propery tested before you get the things. You will be cash ahead in the long run

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I think there is a variety of rebuild parts manufacturers around and depending on who they use there could be a huge difference in price to the customer. I know when Darren does the old CAT injectors at work we save a crap load of money over what CAT wants for a reman complete and he is using genuine CAT parts....There really isn't much too it, glass bead the parts to be re-used, wash, assemble and test - shim until the pressure and pattern are right....It's a pretty simple job if you have the correct pop tester. I can't speak for their IP's but my reman injectors work fine so I wouldn't regret buying another set in the future if needed. As for IP's, hard to beat $399 from International for a stock IP.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys, I talked to them again today and asked if they would be set to all pop at the same pressure. When I got the message back they said yes and I re emailed them to let them know I would be testing them when I received them to make for sure. The mailed me to let me know if I bought a set and was not happy they would let me return them for a return. Its kind of hard to not give them a try. The new ones from them are only $219 but I am really broke and trying to get it going.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
I stopped at their shop over vacation and its as professional of a place as it gets. I wouldnt hesitate buying from them.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take it you are looking for feedback from actual customers? ;Sweet

I have bought (2) new sets of BB code injectors and (1) rebuilt
IDI pump from them over the last (3) years

I am very satisfied with their product & service :thumbsup:

In November 2010 they had a backorder of over 500 new BB
Delphi injectors to fill waiting on Delphi to ship

People talk trash - some of those people have a vested interest
in continuing badmouthing another business ;Really

The fact is Pensacola does high volume
because their prices & service satisfy the majority of their
customers ....

Jim

Have you never talked trash after buying faulty parts from someone?
I think some of us on here have earned that right.
I dont think a few of us rambling on about Pensacola crap is going to hurt their business any.

OnDaRoad

On the road ....
Reaction score
Have you never talked trash after buying faulty parts from someone?
I think some of us on here have earned that right.
I dont think a few of us rambling on about Pensacola crap is going to hurt their business any.

Have you personally purchased a specific product directly from
Pensacola Diesel and were honestly dissatisfied with
the product and/or service ?

If so, then contribute your personal experience to the discussion

Regarding " talking trash " :backoff

My definition of " talking trash " is badmouthing a person
or business based upon heresay or gossip and not
firsthand experience :yell:

I did personally purchase a set of " pop tested injectors " from someone
here and after having problems with them I paid to have them
pop tested & watched the guy test them ...

Only to find they pop tested in the 1500 range on (7)
of them with (1) at 1720

My personal experience has been very satisfactory with Pensacola Diesel ;Really

Jim

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I have had no issue with Pensacola in the past and wouldn't hesitate to pass someone else onto their business....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.