Parts Truck / 4x4 Conversion?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
It's anybodies guess how trashed the engine and gearboxes are if you can't get the thing to stay running long enough to test them
9 and what do you want to bet he shows up with a can of ether to start the thing ). rear springs are shot, the thing has been loaded heavy, body beat. That thing has been rode hard and put up wet. I wouldn't give any more than $500 for it. You should at least be able to recover that in what is usable and scrap value if nothing else, and who knows, you might get lucky.

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mid "85 they went to Dana 60.....I'd skip that truck. Definitely looks like it has been rode hard, put away wet.

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Emailed him and he said it was a VFD truck, so potentially low miles, but probably rode hard and put up wet. But I'm not planning on fixing it up, just stealing parts...

As far as it not running, his excuse was the wiring problems throughout, because apparently any hot wire is good to run emergency lights off of...

I asked him in a second email to check about the front axle, my Haynes manual does list "Dana 60 mono-beam" under the '84 axle specs, but it is a Haynes manual...

I figured for that price, if I could get a Dana 60, a spare 6.9, and a heap of various parts, it might be worth it. I'll beabout 100 miles from him this weekend when I go to a family reunion, so if it is worth looking at, then I might drive over that way.

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Well just got an email, and its IFS... Even that cheap for the spare engine, I can find one closer than 250 miles out.