Overhead Computer Display

FOXY005

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this happen ?

I went to my buddies house last night to pick something up, about a 25 mile drive.
Hung around for about 45 minutes and shot the bull.
Got in the truck and keyed it up but I didnt wait for the wait light to go out because I knew it was still hot, lit it off and noticed that the overhead display was on bright and I had it dimmed with the switch.
The display for the compass was working but the right side of the display read _ _ MPG and all the rest of the displays on the right side were the same 2 blanks with the letters showing up.
Drove a couple of miles down the road and thought I would experiment, pulled into a Diner parking lot and shut it off.
Rekeyed it and waited for the light to go off, started it and the overhead display was back to normal working order again.
I quess the computer is fussy about running its full sequence before you interupt it.

B

Big K

I have not had that happen. I never start 'til light is off. Just a habit that has set in. Been 15+ years now, so I guess that's to be expected. Mebbe I'll try it one of these days.

gotdiesel?

Fine Diner
Reaction score
I had exactly the same thing happen, same remedy, from then on, always waited for the light to go out, not a problem since :Thumbs Up

94matt

Reaction score
Besides the obvious intake grids, the computer does a gauge check when you turn the key on. You're freaking out the computer by not letting it complete the gauge check most likely.

Matt

FOXY005

Reaction score
WOW.......I can't beleive this came back to the top.
I started this thread this over a year ago.

Larry put a "K" on that "now" to make it a "know" in your sig.
We don't want to confuse them CHICKens cause they might stop laying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online

No members online now.