Operation Gold Digger update.....no pics

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
Hey Ron We will be liaving the car lot afound 4:30 and heading your way. Me, Brother Dave, Dad Dave, Scotty, and Terry.

With Joe showing up as well, we should be able to put a big ole dent in the truck..... Not Literally,.. :backoff

What was it that I was supposed to bring,....injection line of some sort,..It will come to me.

Later
;Sweet

Parts?
Injector line from the F/F to the IP.
And I thought about it at 4:30 this am. O-rings from a fuel sending unit if'n ya had a spare floating around.
I'll prolly call ya to remind ya this time. LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Gotta throw out a big :hail :hail :hail :hail :hail to Darrin, Dave, Mr Tosh(Dave), Scotty, and Joe(liddledoggie).

Y'all rock! ;Sweet

Good progress was made yesterday in the heat and I can't say thanks enough for all the help.

She's begining to look like a truck again but plenty to do yet to hit the road with so with that being said, back out I go before the heat gets too unbearable today.

Guys once again THANKS!!! :hail

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
Woooops,..I told him 12 more days, Sorry Ron,..! I was mistaken, Get er Dun!
:backoff :backoff :puke:

Yep gettin her dun today. 100 degree heat index and all. cookoo

Darrin, gotta let Scotty know about his wiring ;Sweet ;Sweet
The running light relay mod repair worked and the stereo sounds SWEET! :thumbsup: :D
And Dave's high tech gauge alingment....... Turbo spoolin and all.....Right on the money ;Sweet
Got them doors finished up that yer dad and Dave worked on. :love:
Gonna watch how that's done next time to make reassembly a little easier. LOL

Getting closer.......Back to work I go. :Sly

Just gotta figger that power drain tho.......
Might be the doors after leaving them open. :confused:

Joe, the bumper is on.......Die grinder took care of them bolts. :D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Well,
My secret install went in good without a major glitch. :Sly
Down to small things like the interior, fuel fill doors, MAJOR voltage drain, etc....

Ya know, the little things. :rolleyes:

Not even a clue where this thing is eatin juice from but sumptin is munchin volts like a big dog. :mad:

Tis gonna be too close to call. Maybe a road trip to Angola for a shakedown????? :eek:
Would not have even come close if'n not for the big help so far from the MI crew. ;Sweet

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Get a 12volt light and hook it between the postitive terminal of the battery and the postitive battery wire. It should light up if there is a load being pulled. *Be careful, if you pull to big it'll blow the light bulb* Now start pulling fuses until the light turns off. The one that turns it off, that'll be your power sucker...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Saturday was a day of BOOB wrenching. 4 of us were messing with PAFixIt truck that same time.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well Ron if you can get it down to the rally even with the voltage sneak circuit I'll bring a clamp on meter that reads DC Amps and we can go poking around - bounce me a phone call thursday evening and to remind me because I have it in my work tool box.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Looks like the VR was the culprit.
I unhooked the VR and ploped the battery cable on and no ZAP! ;Sweet
Grabbed the test light and checked the power draw with the VR unhooked and no light. ;Sweet
Checked it with the VR plugged in and let there be light.
Swapped one off the Beef and all seems to be good so far.

Just some minor things to wrap up today and maybe, just maybe I'll do my part for the call of an ozone action day. :peelout :D

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Swapped one off the Beef and all seems to be good so far.

The poor Beef, probablly feels a little violated, is it still driveable? Good thing you had a parts truck sitting there. I got a feeling when you redo the Beef, Goldie won't be returning the favor!

So did you get it on the road yet,..?

Later,
Darrin

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
The poor Beef, probablly feels a little violated, is it still driveable? Good thing you had a parts truck sitting there. I got a feeling when you redo the Beef, Goldie won't be returning the favor!

So did you get it on the road yet,..?

Later,
Darrin
Violated? LOL
More like ***** after yer dad and Dave got the mirrors off the ole gal, then I started in on her. Voltage regulator(temporary gimme), a couple of vacuum lines and the rear tires which came off today.
She was a wee bit perturbed to say the least. Driveable?????? Not at the moment. :eek:
I'm sure the former Gold one won't be swapping things back. Yes I do agree. :Sly

Well I took the former Gold one for her maiden voyage today and wasn't a very sucessful launching.
I cooked the plastic line, from the clutch master cylinder to the slave, right into 2 pieces just a couple of miles down the road and had to limp her home with no clutch. -cuss :puke:
Not fun!
AND found the exhaust leak from the crossover pipe to the up pipe to be worse than first expected.
Only got 1 psi of boost. :eek:
Wasn't the seat of the pants YEEHAW I was looking forward to today after working out in the scorching heat again. 113 degree heat index. :puke:

Like they say.....Tomorrow, Tomorrow....... Ya know the rest.
Hopefully I can conjur up a repair kit for the line tomorrow whilst cruising for some puppy dogs.
There's still a few things needed to finish up the job before friday, but I should be able to make it......I hope. :rolleyes:

But I can't forget to thank Joe for coming down last night to give me a hand at getting more done on the truck.
Poor liddeledoggie was sweatin so hard, he was smudging the wiring diagrams in the Hanes book. LOL

Thanks again ;Sweet