operating temperatures.

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if my temperatures were normal. on average in city driving around if its stop and go the truck runs around 200 F with the outside temps being about 25-30 celcius so 75-90 F. is this normal? on the highway on a day thats say 85-90 F i can get the truck up to 210 with my foot a bit into it at 2200 rpm. but on the hwy just cruising or in city just cruising on avg im sitting at 195 F if its 70-80 F

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
sounds normal.
Mine inches up to 215 when towing heavy, fan clutch knocks it back to 190something pretty fast.
running light it stays just under 200.

Mind you exact temps are one of those things.... I have a cheap coolant gauge, and everyone mounts the sender in a different location. I mostly keep an eye on extremes.

good luck
Dp

FC350

Reaction score
sounds normal.
Mine inches up to 215 when towing heavy, fan clutch knocks it back to 190something pretty fast.
running light it stays just under 200.

Mind you exact temps are one of those things.... I have a cheap coolant gauge, and everyone mounts the sender in a different location. I mostly keep an eye on extremes.

good luck
Dp

Just curious... (as an example) where is your cheap gauge's sender located?

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mines a fairly cheap one aswell. only costed me 16.99 at princess auto. and my sender is located where the stock temp gauge sender was. i took out and replaced. i was thinking of tapping the wire for the stock gauge into the wire for sender for aftermarket so i have two gauges just incase cheap one craps out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger