Open air filter setup

SKimballC

Reaction score
Well, these are dark pics and all, but so it goes. I made a new filter bracket and it all fits really well with the big AEM filter. The CDR is hooked up in the valve cover to the intake tube.

Attachments

• IMG_8023.JPG
    IMG_8023.JPG
    886.7 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_8020.JPG
    IMG_8020.JPG
    762.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_8019.JPG
    IMG_8019.JPG
    937.6 KB · Views: 112

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GIT R DUN.........Lookin good Shane.;Sweet ;Sweet Feels good to accomplish something nice after it started all wrong doesn't it.

SKimballC

Reaction score
GIT R DUN.........Lookin good Shane.;Sweet ;Sweet Feels good to accomplish something nice after it started all wrong doesn't it.

Yessir, it do. After I got the smashed compressor fixed, I convinced Murphy a couple weeks back to go bother you or Geo or jtate or anybody elseLOL , then I got the exhaust leaks sealed up with some Permatex Muffler and Tailpipe Sealant. Its fantastic stuff. Good up to around 2000 F. -Flame Thr
This sumbitch makes a reeeeaaaal nice whistle now. :thumbsup:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yessir, it do. After I got the smashed compressor fixed, I convinced Murphy a couple weeks back to go bother you or Geo or jtate or anybody elseLOL

:backoff :backoff :backoff and I was blaming GEO fer Murphy's visit......Now I know who to whup after I finish putting the rear main seal in ........ AGAIN.........this afternoon.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the familiar "Godzilla Air" setup. Well done. ;Sweet The CDR add on makes it unique.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Yessir, it do. After I got the smashed compressor fixed, I convinced Murphy a couple weeks back to go bother you or Geo or jtate or anybody elseLOL , then I got the exhaust leaks sealed up with some Permatex Muffler and Tailpipe Sealant. Its fantastic stuff. Good up to around 2000 F. -Flame Thr
This sumbitch makes a reeeeaaaal nice whistle now. :thumbsup:

;Sweet job on the intake :D

I still have Murphy's perscription :shoot:

When he "visits" he never bothers to ask about it :D

bgfire

Reaction score
Great job on the intake. If you had a chance, could you snap a picture or two showing how you set up the CDR and associated plumbing.

I am about to go the open air filter route, and need to plumb my CDR. I have a RDT currently, but am getting the stink eye from traffic when at idle. I also had a tire shop tell me that I needed to get it fixed (they thought I had an exhaust leak) before I bring it back.

SKimballC

Reaction score
Bgfire, I used a factory turbo ATS valve cover with the bracket for the CDR attached to it. I put an extension on the hose from the factory turbo kit and put a piece of 1" aluminum tube in the side of the 3'' aluminum intake tube. I just cut a hole and used some of that handy aluminum fluxing rod and a mapp torch.
Have a looky at the other setup I had before I went and swapped turbos. It may help to see the filter coming in on the other side.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15505&page=2