one of the brothers in DIESEL POWER

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
everybody grab the latest issue.
go to the postal route section and first thing you will see is a certain persons 92 f-350,and a picture of his IDI on a engine stand.
the article goes on to say that about 40 people sent letters about IDI's and they will keep us posted if anyaftermarket stuff comes up for our engines.
congrats F350CAMPER for getting our basement rigs some sunshine :D ;Sweet

Last edited:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
That's great to hear!!! I wrote in (e-mail) right after TLBREWER made it between the covers of DP & included a pic of my IDI also. No fame or glory for me yet. At least they're listening though.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's great! Way to go ROB!!! I cannot find Diesel Power on the local grocery stands. I'll have to find it and get a subscription.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You guys know a champion doesn't push people around...... He doesn't have to. The way I see it we drive these trucks because we choose to. Not because they are the latest and greatest thing to come down the road. Advertizing gets the others to buy new. I kinda look at it another way. If the ones that keep buying the new, bright shiny stuff were fish they wouldn't have lived long enough to make a good choice. They bite on the first shiny thing that comes along. Our trucks have a bullet proof motor that has some minor problems but all in all its still on the road and will be there for a long time to come. Ever see someone stare at an old car going down the road. I have a 1937 Cord Beverly Sedan that so many want another look at or "is it for sale?". I don't drive my truck because "everyone" is driving one. Its mine, paid for many times and always being upgraded so it will last longer. Its also great sport to give those little ricers a soot bath when they sit next to me at a stoplite with the boom box amped up till "MY" truck starts to shake. Soot.... Ya gotta love it.... :rotflmao

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rancherman84 said:
everybody grab the latest issue.
go to the postal route section and first thing you will see is a certain persons 92 f-350,and a picture of his IDI on a engine stand.
the article goes on to say that about 40 people sent letters about IDI's and they will keep us posted if anyaftermarket stuff comes up for our engines.
congrats F350CAMPER for getting our basement rigs some sunshine :D ;Sweet

WHAT MONTH?

I got the April issue on my desk at work, but haven't read the whole thing yet.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahahahaha. Well, I'm probably going to bite the bullet on a new truck this year due to uncertainty about the new engines starting in 2007 (new emissions laws.) I figure I'd rather buy now than risk HAVING to buy during a time when the engines aren't working as they should because manufacturers are still trying to get up to speed. Case in point... the 6.0.

I will be keeping the IDI, though, since it is paid for and I need a work truck here at the new farm. There are things I can do with the IDI that a new truck would never do. Not the least of which is hauling a load of scrap metal/tree debris without getting a major dent in the bed. hahahahahaha

I know I can rely on the IDI, and as long as I can afford to keep it, it will have a home with us. Having problems with the '01 Impala's transmission--want to fix it and sell it since it still has value that can be applied to lower my payment on a new truck with full warranty.

One thing I noticed on the trip here from CA is that all the big rig drivers liked the IDI. They see that I have a CB antenna and occasionally start a conversation with me.

Mike

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I do that alot on the road. If I see an IDI with whips or something for an antenna, I call out to them. I talked IDI stuff with a guy from Greensboro, NC to Petersburg, VA non-stop last month. Gave him the website here but haven't seen him yet. Maybe he's lurking.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I just got back from a trip to CA. While I was there, I grabbed the May issue off the shelf and started thumbing through it. I was like, hey that looks like my truck... and engine.... and hey wait, that’s the Blizzard. NO WAY!

Really cool to get published. Though they did edit my original letter down quite a bit. That’s cool with me though, they kept the most important pieces.

Man I was really stoked to see my own stuff in there. Gonna have to buy an extra issue to keep preserved.

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
Things like this tick me off I put up the money to subscribe and I dont get the latest issues b4 they hit store shelves

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
F350camper said:
I just got back from a trip to CA. While I was there, I grabbed the May issue off the shelf and started thumbing through it. I was like, hey that looks like my truck... and engine.... and hey wait, that’s the Blizzard. NO WAY!

Really cool to get published. Though they did edit my original letter down quite a bit. That’s cool with me though, they kept the most important pieces.

Man I was really stoked to see my own stuff in there. Gonna have to buy an extra issue to keep preserved.

Excellent Rob! I haven't got my new issue yet. Better be in the mailbox on my way home in the morning! ;Sweet I got an extra issue when my letter was published also.

Tom

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
hesutton said:
That's great! Way to go ROB!!! I cannot find Diesel Power on the local grocery stands. I'll have to find it and get a subscription.

Heath
Heath

Try Wal Mart. I know that's pushing it, but sometimes ya gotta make sacrifices.

Tom

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
TLBREWER said:
Heath

Try Wal Mart. I know that's pushing it, but sometimes ya gotta make sacrifices.

Tom

Ya, Barnes and Noble always has it out here also...

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
F350camper said:
Ya, Barnes and Noble always has it out here also...
My issue was in the mailbox this morning! We are getting some coverage. The magazine's response to Rob was that they had gotten 40 letters from IDI owners. We need to keep bombarding them with letters, especially new people each month, not the same ones. Again excellent writeup and pictures Rob. ;Sweet

Tom

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw it! Very cool. You must have written the best letter Rob, for them to pick yours. Obviously you had 39 competitors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin