One Bad Ass Diesel Hot Rod!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Holy crap that it is!!!!! 12V71 Detroit screamer!

That thing is ALL motor!;Sweet

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
I doubt they get any flex from those rear springs... but I coulda sworn I saw the rear end move a tad in one shot.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the roots blower just grinds up the bugs and feeds them to the engine? :dunno If it were mine, it would have a couple K&N's on it, so people could tell me the engine is gonna get ruined by them. LOL I would like to know what it weighs, and how much they pay the cops to let him drive around without a plate. Or do they just cross their fingers that they can get away with it long enough to make people think if you build it you can drive it no questions asked. :dunno It would take an army of congressmen to get that thing licensed through PenisDOT.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
It would take an army of congressmen to get that thing licensed through PenisDOT.
I bet you could get it through as a street rod. :dunno
I'd take one. But it would need a sleeper and a small flatbed.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Looks to be the stock frame with the vin and prolly the same cab and powerplant of that era Pete.

Should be pretty easy to get titled since it's really just a shortened chopped and lowered semi.:dunno

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I'm guessing the roots blower just grinds up the bugs and feeds them to the engine? :dunno If it were mine, it would have a couple K&N's on it, so people could tell me the engine is gonna get ruined by them. LOL I would like to know what it weighs, and how much they pay the cops to let him drive around without a plate. Or do they just cross their fingers that they can get away with it long enough to make people think if you build it you can drive it no questions asked. :dunno It would take an army of congressmen to get that thing licensed through PenisDOT.

That critter is not street legal for where they are driving it in that video either. Try driving a rod on the street with no fenders or mud flaps and no mufflers in CA and see how far you get before they have you pulled over breaking in a new ticket book with a BIG pen, let alone those little throttle blips on the street would get you an instant ticket for "exhibition of speed". I'd like to know who Leno had to pay off to be able to do that on an open public street. You notice the Myth busters always have to take their toys to a closed track

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd never want one, but that thing is amazing!

I need to get a closer look at the "tank car". The lines on that one ........mmmm

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Ain't nuttin' like the sound of a Buzzin' Dozen! :hail ...naturally aspirated or with hair dryers :D

Nice find Darrin ;Sweet

Gotta admit I have never seen zoomies on a Detroit before :sly

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool but I would have liked it better had it blown some nice black smoke!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online