• Traction Bars

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Ladder Bars

Votes: 19 46.3%

• Total voters

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
:dunnoi don't get it 2 years ago i could find 16.5s every where. now i cant find a single one-cuss-cuss-cuss

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made the same mistake.

On the bumper I would get it powdercoated. What you could do is sell the plans to make this bumper. I would probably buy a set

Fishin76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd think to make shipping economical, you would need to make a dozen or so, and ship them to the lower 48 all on one flatbed. Maybe some of our members with a 5er in Wash state or Oregon would make a run once or twice a year, then sell them from there.

Just thinkin aloud for whatever it's worth.

RedTruck

Reaction score
Big Dave,

Good looking project you have here. Great job! ;Sweet

One question for you...can you fill us in on the rig in your avator?

Thanks for posting the progress reports on your rig.

Paul

I-HFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is that an i-h truck, its hard to tell in the picture, because the bed looks like its off a ford, i got a 1978 scout - project

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
yeah its a I-H truck i love sled pulls. i saw this pic on google and thoght it was a bad ass truck lol

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
thats what i was thinkin and bed liner looks cool to lol;Sweet

I have seen the powdercoat come off where it gets wet alot and it will start to rust the bumper plus if it gets hit it will also chip the powdercoat, you will not have that problem with bedliner and it cost a hell of alot more to powdercoat than bedline it ;Sweet

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get adapters to run the superduty lug pattern on the old pattern for around $200 I think.

George_7.3IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Dave,

I saw the drawing that you have of the bumper that you want to build for your truck... it's awesome. When you do get to building it I'd be interested in finding out how much it cost and maybe if you are up for it I could buy the material and you could build one for me since I'm up in Fairbanks I could just come down some weekend and get it... and of course send some $$ your way for your time. Let me know if you would be up for it.

George

*Edit: Oops didn't read the rest of the thread before posting... I see your bumper is coming along nicely.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online