Old school tunes

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if ford made a single den factory stereo that played both cassette tapes and CDs? And if so, does anyone have a good functioning one they would like to part with? I have a pile of old Chris ledoux tapes I would like to listen to! Also have CDs but can play them in the superduty, so really just a am/fm cassette would be ok, CD player would be a bonus! Also found some Reo speedwagon, and journey on tape, also some dire straits and Cindy Lauper! Would really like to play these and stroll down memory lane if anyone can help me out!

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine just had the cassette and radio. I am pretty sure there was never a cassette and CD deck. I've certainly never seen one and wouldn't think there is enough room for such.
Mainly commenting to say I love Dire Straits!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brothers in arms was my first purchased tape when I was a kid! I think Springsteen was the second!

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The whole album of Brothers in Arms in on level of a typical greatest hits album and it was only a normal release. In my humble opinion.
My first music purchase was Johnny Horton's greatest hits. My parents listened to old school country western.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer old country and western now! But I grew up in the 80s, so anything from that era makes the memories flow!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope to cd tape combo only am or am fm tape or am fm cd as i recall

Buy a tape deck w cd changer

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Or can always convert tapes to CD.
But most of the aftermarket stereos will blow any stocker out of the water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed, no Cassette and CD in a SINGLE DIN from Ford. Cassette only, not sure if Ford even made a CD in a single DIN. I think they went to the Double DIN, before they offered a CD.....

Ford did make a Cassette and CD in a DOUBLE DIN format, the 99-01/02ish Super Duty pickups, and other Ford vehicles......

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, no Cassette and CD in a SINGLE DIN from Ford. Cassette only, not sure if Ford even made a CD in a single DIN. I think they went to the Double DIN, before they offered a CD.....

Ford did make a Cassette and CD in a DOUBLE DIN format, the 99-01/02ish Super Duty pickups, and other Ford vehicles......

Thought would share a gem
Part #

You must be registered for see images attach

Now the SwEeTnEsS

So ya there IS a Din cd and radio.

Just thought ya all would like a peek

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was pretty sure they made a cd/am-fm! My 98 dodge had cd/ tape and am/fm, but not sure what that was considered, dual din or din and a half? They still sell cassette decks?

fsmyth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought would share a gem
Part #

Now the SwEeTnEsS

So ya there IS a Din cd and radio.

Just thought ya all would like a peek

Heh. Looks just like the factory one in my '98.5 Dodge. Exc. mine doesn't say "Ford". :)

Reaction score
I think you can get a aftermarket CD/Cassette Deck still.

EDIT: here's one from a quick search.
http://support.jvc.com/consumer/product.jsp?archive=true&pathId=63&modelId=MODL015515

That's not single DIN.

Seriously, though. Do you guys have smartphones? A Bluetooth capable deck can be had for under $100 from reputable brands. If you have a smartphone and a data plan, streaming from Pandora, Amazon, Spotify, or similar is a million times easier. Other option is a deck that has the ability to read usb or sd cards, load one up with your favorite tunes, and go from there. Much cleaner than having a bunch of tapes or CDs running around the cab.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online