Oilburners 2019 Gatlinburg Rally

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran into these guys on the way home.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm so glad that was our last blowout! I was joking with a friend of mine and said my truck gets about 1000 miles per tire LOL That was a looong trip. I clocked close to 4000 miles. I'm so glad I was able to meet up with y'all at the rally on my way through!

Chillman sorry you had issues on the way home. I wish I had known as I most likely was passing through wherever it was and could have lended a hand. Glad you got home eventually.

That's okay, I appreciate the thought. I didn't need much help, it was mainly another blown tire. I think it was already bolted back up by the time laserjock swung back around. I was close to being in trouble though, I technically was - 1 for spares. The last leg of the trip was run on 5 of 6 tires.

@snicklas I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up, that hotel you recommended was wonderful!

Who all is thinking of hosting next year? I saw No Mufflers.

We have a beautiful KOA up here by us, but it's at the top of a 7% grade so I don't know if it would be good for an IDI rally LOL

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m glad you like the accommodations. That’s the one I always recommend in town. After your adventure getting there, a nice place to stay is a good thing.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Missy, Myself, Heidi, and Winston had a great time. We enjoyed seeing everyone again. Got to meet a few new faces, but didn't get a lot of time to hang out around the campfire with them. Hopefully the test of the waters so to speak was good and we'll see them every summer.

Couldn't be happier with the campground. It was fantastic.

Just my opinion here.... but I don't like having the rally thread in the "Events" section of OB. It really appeared to hurt traffic and attendance this year. I'm not a mod here, but that is my opinion and seems that opinion was shared by all attending this year.

As for 2020.... It's still up in the air.

Heath
Heath, have to agree with you on the amount of traffic with it being in the Events section. Change is not always good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who all is thinking of hosting next year? I saw No Mufflers.
There were a few mentions of Ohio and West Virginia as well. Nothing solid, but thinking out loud kind of things. It was said several times that we could return to this campground again if nothing else surfaces. We could spend three weeks there and still have plenty of things to do in the Gatlinburg area.

Heath

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the math for the thirsty animal under the hood, $332.85 for fuel for the trip! I was expecting worse. The truck shows total mpg for the trip of 8.1. I checked it at every fill-up and was getting 7.4-7.6 towing. Just under 1200 miles for the week and still have most of the last tank since I filled up 40 miles from home

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was the 2020 host voted/volunteered at the rally? Is this too soon?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Was the 2020 host voted/volunteered at the rally? Is this too soon?

it is being passed around and considered but no one has officially stepped forward yet.

Heath and I did offer to repeat what we did for next year if we don't have any volunteers.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
When I get a few minutes today, I’ll put up a thread for people to throw in their hat, like we’ve done the last few years. I actually have wanted to do it before now, but it seems like when I remember, I not when I can stop and post one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VWAudiFord

Members online