oil spew...round 2.......

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
comming home the other night all of a sudden I see flashing bright lights behind me and when I focus.....the smell hits me :eek:

Rolling clouds of white smoke....check the gauges...OK fine :confused:
Ease off the to the side and the smke is spewing out the front...grab the light and pop the hood---oil gushing from what appears to be the right bank HPOP line cookoo cookoo

MAJOR oil slick when the wrecker comes--70 minutes later.

Got the line off after slippin' and sliding trying to maintain balance while holding the flashlight....

Line appears to have a chafe in the stainless braid but cannot really see a rupture.....altho I'm sure 3k psi don't need much ;Really

What is it with these odd oil related guysers :frustrate :puke:

Is there anywhere else that volume of oil could have come from in that area?:confused:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Orings on the fittings in the HPOP and the heads,could also have popped the HPOP gasket

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Orings on the fittings in the HPOP and the heads,could also have popped the HPOP gasket

OK....HPOP gskt to front cover is base pressure -60 psi right, and it was replaced when I did the front cover....

The O rings on the an- fittings were not showing any signs...I tell ya when I popped the hood and the flashlight hit the smoke it was kinda hard to see , so I shut it down and let it set 5 minutes then cranked it up and saw the mist comming from the area of the line that had the orig clamp intact on that small stud.

I'll look closer hopefully in the daylight....it's outside by the cotton field.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you should name your truck The Valdez.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if needed GEO i have a set or 2 of used lines at the shop if you need them let me know.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
You fuh-nee guy Mike ;p :moon: :rolleyes: LOL

Seems there are no lines avail in the triangle area cookoo and when I go to a hyd hose place either in town--Ferd and IH-- or out in farm country -where ya would think you could get any type hose made ;Really ---they do have a #6 teflon lined steel braid hose BUT #4 is rated 3k -#6 rated 2500 -#8 2k.

These are burst pressures...working pressure is about 500 psi below. Plus being able to handle the operating temps -200 deg average.

WHERE does IH/Ferd get their #6 hose to handle the 3k+ pressures :confused:

I'm down and back to driving the co. dodge.....boss ain't too happy :backoff .....I'm really taking heat for my loyalties to my truck/engine from everyone who knows me...esp considering my affiliation with several diesel websites.

I DON'T need this **** around the holidays -cuss :mad: :puke:

Rich, If I can't find one , I may have to get yours :hail :thanks: :cheers: [DEW of course].....LOL

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok,let me know ASAP so i can get them in the mail on thier way to you monday morning,possibly overnight them if i have the money to do it.;Sweet ;Sweet

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
is it running yet?

:cheers: Rich...yousedaman :hail

YUP! :sorry: I didn't post sooner ..... Installed the line about 8 pm in the open field with 35 deg temps and 15 mph winds....... bbbbrrrrrrrr!
Topped the oil off and after lighting her off and and warming her up , off we went to the self serve car wash and $8 worth of quarters later she was clean and I was soaked and cold LOL

Damn, there was oil in every nook and crevice, insulation,hood lining, down the inner fender, drive line and rear, spare ....even the bumper:eek:

Now I gots to remove the t/case skid plate.......kinda caved it climbing a hill to a side job....damn hill was 40 deg and about 30 ft up then on the other side of the crest there was a wash out---it looked like I would clear it when I waled up and gave it the eye ball test before making the truck go over it----guessed wrong:mad: ......front end went over and :eek: ......-cuss then glad it didn't rip the exhaust :hail

Rich, pm me your mailing addy ;Sweet

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cool beans man.i think you need to change your signature to:kept running by 94F450SD's pile-o-parts :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao PM on its way ;Sweet