oil leaks

rodman68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I have a few oil leaks not sure why so bad all a sudden is it possible the brand of oil could be the issue. I use to run rotella synthetic 5w-40 but the last two oil changes i have used motorcraft 15w-40. Or its just because it has 174000 miles but anyway. One is the plug on the back of the HPOP that I can see but there has to be another leak. How in the heck can you tell if the orings are leaking on the turbo, and or the hbpv is leaking. Anybody have pictures that might help me cant really see in there.

rodman68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered whole bunch of orings I was thinking of starting in the front with the hpop first. Then clean the valley and go back from there since i still cant see the lower orings for the pedestal the uppers dont look like the are leaking. There is oil in the front of the valley that i wouldn't think would get there from the turbo pedestal. What is a good cleaner to get the valley clean as much as possible?

rodman68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice thank you looks like you had some leaks also! did you fix the leak at the ebpv valve thingy, is it an oring in there also?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are 6 orings in the turbo.2 upper and 2 lower pedistal orings.2 in the ebpv actuator.you can gut the ebpv if you wish it does nothing except supposed to force the engine to warm up faster.it wont set a CEL or any other adverse effects but will cool your egts by about 50 degrees.

i gutted my ebpv.and i cut the actuator completely off my turbo pedistal and had it welded up.

rodman68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok got my orings ordered a whole bunch from mcmaster carr but cant find the list to were meach size goes and cant remember were i found it. Anybody have that list or its location? I will have extra orings if anybody is interested?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online