Oil in valley pan

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That+some blow by pressure could be aiding my leaking? Truck does have some blow by but I believe it's still in the exceptable range. Motors gonna run in that truck till one day I build a replacement(only at 180k now)

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That+some blow by pressure could be aiding my leaking? Truck does have some blow by but I believe it's still in the exceptable range. Motors gonna run in that truck till one day I build a replacement(only at 180k now)
Does the blow by out of the oil fill cap go away when you throttle it up?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of filter are you running in the turbo? If you use a high flow filter like a K&N it may not be making enough vacuum to pull through the cdr

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Specter filter is in now till I finish my intake then I want to switch to something else not sure what kinda of filter would be best though

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the blow by out of the oil fill cap go away when you throttle it up?
Yes I do belive it does Or least did before. Kind of recently haven't checked though. At idle I know it's coming out the top of my dipstick tube though

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't just throw parts at it. Clean the engine thoroughly, cover it in white flour, and run it until it shows you where the leaks are.

And, just this last summer I discovered grey silicon is what is called for where oil is concerned.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always use "the right stuff" black 1 minute gasket maker with good luck so far, I've been throwing parts at it since I got it lol my motor is so dirty and caked over with everything I've washed it 10x with a coin operated pressure washer and purple power a couple times it just never seems to come off and it's always back again never leaks until drivin. The oil does seem to be more oriented to the passenger rear side now after much work done

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well this isn't the right way to do it but instead of spending some money check this first.

Take a plastic bag and cover the majority of your air filter with it. Fire your truck up and perform the blow by test at oil cap again and if it has improved clean the engine and see if your leak stops. Obviously don't drive it like that but if your blow by is better and your leak stops you know your issue is your cdr isn't getting enough vacuum