Oil in valley pan

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What all can leak oil into valley pan? It will sometime be there sometimes not be there other than residue. It's not the turbo pedistal to turbo seal as I checked that, also have puddle of oil in glow plug recess on passenger closest to fire wall? Valve cover gaskets also new

lude and rude

Reaction score
you have an 088 so it could be oil mist coming from valve cover cdr port into turbo. mine leaks at the oil ring from turbo to ats 088 air box. the cdr is right over that spot assuming you havent done something different for air intake or cdr valve

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No 088 air box custom intake now, CD-R and pipe sealed and 113% sure on not fuel it's black as night and everywhere, entire fuel system is less than 5k new

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turbo oil drain? Turbo oil feed? Timing gear cover? O-ring seal on IP to gear cover?

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oil drain at the valley pan imnot sur can it leak there somehow? feed line good, ip new with new o ring. Maybe gear housing but it's hard to tell with the oil everywhere now I can take pictures shortly to show my confusion better as to where the oil is ending up

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a damaged compressor housing and oring that leaked oil from the CDR from the compressor housing

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not from any part from the turbo or pre turbo that's all dry but it's coming from valley pan, gear housing, or maybe but hopefully not head gaskets.. I'm gonna need to try and clean motor best I can and try to spot the leak but it only does sometimes is the problem after driving a distance and by the time I notice it's it's been blown everywhere by the fan and driving

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how the oil drains on that turbo. Those were just the most likely spots I could think of.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these might help. pictures of my old motor when I pulled it out.

You must be registered for see images attach

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the same thing. Oil all the way at the back of pan. It's there then it's not, believe mine is turbo/ pan seal.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drain is into the valley pan where CD-R located on non turbo, when doing new turbo soon going to change valley pan, intake manifold and gear housing and hopefully that's going to solve it I also hear of valley pan filling up where turbo drains inside and over spilling because there isn't as much drain area on non turbo trucks inside maybe?

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
these might help. pictures of my old motor when I pulled it out.

Third picture where glowplug is is where I also have a puddle of oil in my confusion

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CDR is installed on manifold at back of intake? How is that even working? It's going to be pressurizing you crank case the entire time you're under boost. It would probably be blowing some oil out around the grommets too.

Never mind I misread that post

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just solved one of my mystery oil leaks. Was cracked at the front left corner. But to be fair I really didn't give a chit enough to break out some oil dye and a UV light.
That hold down plug behind the turbo drain could be a leak point. I'd think the back rail might be leaking if it were loose but by the looks of it you got access to it and would be easy enough to reseal with some anaerobic or copper crush washer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88