Oil Filter Schooling

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any body know anything about Lubri-finer filters?

Something else i just noticed was that on the corporate profile video at the 3:49 mark they show boxes of oil filters on one of the lines....and they're the walmart cheapo super tech brand.

Last edited:

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Any body know anything about Lubri-finer filters?

Something else i just noticed was that on the corporate profile video at the 3:49 mark they show boxes of oil filters on one of the lines....and they're the walmart cheapo super tech brand.

Luber finer is owned by champion labs and champion labs makes the filters for wal-mart.

Champion labs makes some good filters such as the luber finer ones. Think they make some of the filters for CAT as well.

They also make junk filters such as the ones wal-mart sells. The E cores (plastic center cage) make frams look good:puke:

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those results are usually from over extending service between oil changes. Motor oil properties break down and carbon up from heat and use. I'd tell the owner to change his oil on time or more frequent for heavy use.
I bet if you pulled the intake off that Hemi the valley is caked with the black bits of carbon and it's just a matter of time the oil pickup screen will become clogged and you'll be dropping the oil pan to clean it. This is based on prior costomers vehicles that I had the pleasure.

I would like to agree with what you had to say, but from what I have heard and seen, this truck went in for service every 4000 miles.
Now we all now if you are not looking the service guys wont be working.
Maybe a few oil changes were skipped?
Maybe maybe not, In my experience doing many oil changes regular oil causes what you see in the picture.
out of ten random cars I do I say 4 will have dirty looking filters.
The Dodge Hemi that came off of I have done 2 AMSOIL oil changes and AMSOIL filters
First run 15,000 miles now on second run.
Engine used 3 quarts in 15,000 miles.

On another note I service another HEMI Dodge truck since 2006 and it has only 3 oil filter changes NO OIL CHANGE! It uses oil like crazy, I just add when ever the nice lady brings me the truck.
started at 67,000 miles and now the truck has over 150,000 with only 3 filter swaps and many gallons over the years.
Once I had to add 5 quarts to get her within range, WHY CHANGE THE OIL?
still runs great and she drives it very hard 90MPH speeding tickets regularly.

Javier

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I was driving me 79 C30 with a 454 engine many miles and no oil changes... Just filters because it drank so much oil.... First time the wifey drove it and I was out of town working she overheated it.... -cuss:mad::rotflmao The top heater hose ruptured... I had just replaced all the hoses but the heater hoses....:mad: So I replaired it when I got home and drove it till a head gasket let go... Removed the heads... Had them checked... they were fine and the seals were changed.... No more oil useage after that.... Seems the valve seals were shot causeing all the high oil useage..... Funny how that works....

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a Racor 500FG fuel filter, 2 micron element.
Now I have to find a mounting spot for this thing!

Filtration whatever it is for engine oil or diesel fuel the smaller the micron the filter catches the less wear scar your engine and wallet will experience.

Now I will have cleaner fuel entering my injection pump.

Well 454 uses alot of oil, big burly engine, 1000 miles 1 qt consumed.

yes heater hoses are a pita!

Javier

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are other factors as well that are not so obvious in your pictures. In all likelyhood, the inferior filter also has inferior media, and inferior glue. I've said this lots of times, and will continue to preach it. If you do not buy OEM Ford/Motorcraft, or at least educate yourself as to what is what (I.E. WIX/Purolator is Motorcraft versus Fram) and you shop soley on price, you very well may NOT save any money. Sure, you see the 2, 3, or 5 dollars you saved at that moment go back into your wallet, but when you replace something because it failed, you have no knowledge and no proof that it wasn't the cheaper parts you put in that sent it to an early grave. If you go into Walmart to buy something, simply because you believe Walmart is doing you a favor, it is most likely NOT. Things cost money to make and sell. Don't ask why one kind is more expensive. Ask why something is so cheap. ALWAYS assume the lower priced item is inferior. You most often get what you pay for.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Some time back I posted this information about filters. Take a look. It shows the differences in a lot of filter. This is not an engin oil filter, but the filter for a hydrostatic transmission on a IH Cub Cadet garden tractor. I know with what I saw. I use Motorcraft on the vehicles and the one from the CC dealer on the tractor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online