oil cooler

dsbyrd

Reaction score
I'm building a mild built factory turbo 7.3idi, well as of right now the oil cooler for that is on the motor in my truck my question is can I but my non turbo oil cooler on my turbo motor and itll be fine I know the turbo cooler has more cooling tubes but I figured it wouldn't make that big of a difference any advice would be great.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many many 6.9 and 7.3 engines were turbocharged after leaving the factory a d have had no major issues. Go for it however the turbo cooler iz the better one to use.

Why not get the one built a d right before swapping....as you remove it...pull clean and assemble the turbo cooler and install it onto new engine?

JM7.3CW Eh!

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your asking if you can bolt the N/A oil cooler on the turbo block with no problems?

dsbyrd

Reaction score
I was just trying to get the motor completely together on the stand so it would just be a drop in and the cooler that was on the turbo motor was a little rusted and my non turbo one is in a lot better shape just the O-rings dried up and cracked but other than that its in great shape.

No I no itll bolt up fine I was just wondering if itll do a good enough job cooling

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Many idi engines got a turbo from the after market aqnd did just fine. My 89 was that way. I had Banks install my turbo for me. I at one time did not feel I could do that work.. No I do it all the time. If we live long enough we learn lots of things....:eek::angel:;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online