Official 2012 rally

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might have spoke too soon! We got high winds and a good dowmpour but survived with minimal damage.

You guys suck, I am in the same county as you all when that sever storm warning went up. We had nothing but sunny skies and crunchy lawns:backoff:backoff. I <3 Michigan weather.

Will someone do me a favor and let the Dog Catcher know that I will be at the camp ground entrance around 8:45-9:00 am for the Dyno Day. It is a blue F-150 with a very distinct exhaust sound:sly.

Darrin I will square up with you that evening.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Glad you guys are getting minimal bad weather...we were without power for 3 days, and have been without water for 2...sucks! Finally got power this evening.

Also, we didn't come because it was my daughter's weekend to be with her (choke/puke) mother, who then cancelled, thought well no biggy, have to work...now the college is closed until July 5! Maybe we were meant to be there! lol...wish things would have changed a month ago!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Will someone do me a favor and let the Dog Catcher know that I will be at the camp ground entrance around 8:45-9:00 am for the Dyno Day. It is a blue F-150 with a very distinct exhaust sound:sly.

Darrin I will square up with you that evening.

We'll be watching you pull in. :D

smokinpipes

Navistar Nut
Reaction score
Howdy all!

As I write this, everyone is enjoying the trip or already at the truck plant, and I'm here staring at spreadsheets, and preparing for fun meetings.

I wanted to write and say that I made it home at about 1:30AM without a hitch after my departure from the Rally. Neither Cory (he remembered his screen name: Squid63) or myself really wanted to go. The family of people who shared the same interests and passions for these workhorses of yesteryear, with keeping them running, and in some cases showroom quality, was just neat. The care and dedication is exceptionally inspiring at the least.
At first I showed up not knowing what to expect having never attended before, I arrived at 10PM and walked into the registration booth, and by the time I exited, I had a welcome banner put up (That's MY story and I'm sticking to it!), and was greeted by several of the attendees, and without any delay welcomed, and was invited to the pavilion campfire.
It was there I met more people than I could even keep track of; and it didn't help I am already terrible with names. We all said our good nights and retired, yet I was so excited *just* to be there, I didn't sleep much, and 6:30 came very quickly.

All day Sat, seeing more rigs pull in, talking with people, and at a couple times, I did what I seem to do best, help turn wrenches :) .
I drove the only operational IDI I had to the event, 'Slim'; she is my normal day-to-day farm work truck. 95% if the time I drive her it's to do some sort of work. She goes into the horse pasture, hauls firewood, and my horse trailer. Exterior, she needs some paint, and some patch work, but the interior she is clean. I felt I was going to be almost laughed out of the campground with something that 'aged'; yet I was surprised, when I received compliments and inquiry about her. I've always valued my older trucks when everyone around me thinks I should ditch them and buy something newer, preferably within the last decade; and to see she is still a rough cut diamond to others beside myself, just made it that much more desirable to be there. At one point I was able to have the timing checked (Thanks again Corey!) ... holy crap I didn't realize I was 4 degrees retarded.. DUHHRRRR ... She sounds more like a Diesel, and smokes WAY less, and actually climbs hills and accelerated while doing it too! I just figured she just wasn't the young peppy IDI she used to be; but she is still running strong, when she's given the chance to!

After just one day, with meeting everyone, and wandering around what seemed like a 50 square foot campground, there was no lack of *SOMETHING* going on. If there are those who are reading this thread haven't gone before, GO!

I am still looking to return Thursday evening; depending how my week plays out, I will know if it is a possibility; and keep you posted.

With that, I wish everyone a happy, safe, and eventful week; and wish I could be there for it all. You are all amazing, and if plans cannot come to fruition, I will be there next year with, (hopefully) 'Tex'.

Until next we meet again,
-Don (Smokin'pipes)

P.S. - Now I need to do some more forum searching, as if my truck was telling me to turn around for diagnosis, my cruise stopped working on the way home... and two hours of a heavy throttle spring on a bad knee SUCKED!

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finishing my lunch at work. Hopefully i will be on the road from Chi-town to the campground in about 2 hours. Yep i'm gonna be super productive these next 2 hours. :rolleyes:

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its 263 miles to the campground, I've got a full tank of fuel, a brand new I-pass, its sunny, and i'm wearing sunglasses.......HIT IT!

See everybody in about 5 hours.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Is it too late to show up on the 4th for the day?

No not at all, everyone is welcome. Just try to let Ron the dogcatcher know because it is a couple dollars for a day pass into the campground.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
And thanks a lot Don for helping me clean the carbon out of my injector bores and Corey for timing it up. Then with Chris's help to bump the fuel screw she runs like a whole other animal.

Most of all I have to thank Ron, I kept that guy up to 2 am helping me fix my dying truck the day before he came to the rally. He graciously offered me a place to stay after that to, I will never forget that! I am used to having to work so hard all the time alone on my rig its a huge deal when someone can help me out. He is one hell of a guy, even if he is a Navy guy! I owe him big time!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Don glad you were able to make it up and hope to see you and Cory again towards the end of the week. It's great to meet new people to put screen names to faces. :D

As said come on out, you won't be disappointed.

And see you in a few Jake!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online