Odd international engines on Ebay?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once again, its one of those deals where the rest of the world gets them and we don't.-cuss-cuss-cuss
the 6cyl motor is the next gen up from what "aussiedave" has under the hood in his ford.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
That little thing looks sweet. Looks like it has a Bosch VE injection pump to boot.
That 6 cyl looks real sweet. Wonder if one would fit in my '93 f350 :confused:

--------Robert

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tree Huggers

towcat said:
Once again, its one of those deals where the rest of the world gets them and we don't.-cuss-cuss-cuss
the 6cyl motor is the next gen up from what "aussiedave" has under the hood in his ford.
You can thank the tree huggers from out your way for not being able to have them............ Jim

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty small engine for a straight 6, around 170 cubic inches I think. They would have to be for light duty trucks.

There is so much more available outside the U.S. Heck, everywhere but the U.S. you can get 4 door Rangers (made overseas).

Exekiel69

Reaction score
every where but the US they need small engines for small vehicles that latter they will overload bc they are just that smaller vehicles some with more doors but still the same small engine that not allways will take it. I had a perckins 4cyl on a 1963 f100 once, you could get lots of miles out of that engine but try to go up a long grade hill. The big Rigs are here.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I got ahold of the guy selling them. That 6 cyl looks like a nice drop in alternative. Since they put those in ford trucks elsewhere, would probably only need some motor mounts and a fan shroud to match it up.
Heres what he sent me:

"Good to hear from you.
As we have just had the adapters finished there is a world wind of questions being thrown our way.
There is the 185 HP 366 FT LB of torque at 1600 RPM inline 6 that is found in the F-250 of South American fame.
It is built by a company that International Engines just bought/Joined forces with.
This engine uses a ZF 5 speed that is SAE#3 flywheel housing.

Depending on your use of the F-350 it might be the ticket.It does not run any computer system of management."

I'm starting to drool ;Sweet
-----Robert

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
RLDSL said:
I got ahold of the guy selling them. That 6 cyl looks like a nice drop in alternative. Since they put those in ford trucks elsewhere, would probably only need some motor mounts and a fan shroud to match it up.
Heres what he sent me:

"Good to hear from you.
As we have just had the adapters finished there is a world wind of questions being thrown our way.
There is the 185 HP 366 FT LB of torque at 1600 RPM inline 6 that is found in the F-250 of South American fame.
It is built by a company that International Engines just bought/Joined forces with.
This engine uses a ZF 5 speed that is SAE#3 flywheel housing.

Depending on your use of the F-350 it might be the ticket.It does not run any computer system of management."

I'm starting to drool ;Sweet
-----Robert

I'm drooling also. ouuuuu:D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 2.8L Power Stroke eh? Very interesting. If I had one of those, my Ranger would not be safe..... :Sly

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not even a matter of getting inspected. To be legal, each engine / transmission / axle ratio has to be EPA certified. That is why there are so few engine choices in each vehicle compared to 40 years ago when you could get a half dozen different engines in a car or truck. The Mustangs you could get anything from a 170 I6 to a 429 big block. Now you have, what, 2 choices?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
In my state they don't have inspections so........
there's still all kinds of interesting vehicles rolling around here ;Sweet

-----------Robert

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
BigNorm said:
How hard would it be to get parts for this engine?

Shouldn't be too dificult. International is suposed to be selling those in the US this year.

--------Robert

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online