OBS lift pump oil leak

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
The factory mechanical lift pump on my 95 psd was leaking fuel, so I replaced it with a new OEM pump from the dealer, and now its leaking oil from in between the pump housing and the valley. The oring was well lubed before install. Not sure what I did wrong. Pretty sure I didn't kink that oring when installing. Any opinions? Really not looking forward to pulling that lift pump again.

Last edited:

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I'm 99.9% sure that its not fuel. Guess I have to tear it all down again to have a look then and see whats what. It didn't leak oil before I changed the pump, then started leaking right away after the new pump was one. Then flows right down onto the exhaust of course

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I second what jasper is sayin, it wont leak oil out of there. if I had to guess(without pics) id say either hpop or turbo o-rings

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
And depending what part of the exhaust it's hitting ie: the up pipe by the turbo, it's likely to be the turbo, pedestal orings, leaking ebpv actuator, or the high pressure oil rail plugs at the back of the heads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Ok after actually taking off the Y and having a better look, it was an oil line leaking into the valley, and the oil onto the exhaust was a valve cover gasket. Thanks guys,

Still leaking something from somewhere, but I'm gonna leave that one for now lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online