Not Starting: No Fuel at the Injectors

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my truck has been sitting at my brothers house for quite a while now and he hasn't been able to start it at all before or after I came into town and helped him work on it. Before then my glowplug relay had gone out and my friend was using ether to start it cus he didn't know how to replace it. Anyway, then after a while, after the truck was at my brothers house it quit starting at all. He did let it sit for a while though. Anyway when we tried starting it on ether it wouldn't start and I noticed there was no smoke coming out of the stacks. I pullled off the fuel filter and replaced it. I had my brother turn it over until fuel came out of the bleeder valve. After that I tried to bleed fuel at the injectors but I couldn't get any fuel there. Is there some reason I'm missing that would cause this? There is only about 10K miles on my Moose Pump too. Also, another thing I did notice when I took off my filter is that there seemed to be a lil rust in the bottom of it which was probably caused by them letting water sit in it. Could that have jacked up anything? I'm hoping that it didn't. I wish I wouldn't have let my friends drive it but it was either that or let it rot. :(

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had pretty mic the exat same problem as you.
One of the wires in the wiring harness running by the passenger side by the battery decided to short out and it just so happend to be part of the fsv on the ip.
Replaced it and was good to go.
Just a thought that's easy to check.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
IP clicking when turning the key on? Pull wiring off, and hotwire pump to battery and see if that works. Once you rule that out, start working backwords.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm that could be a possibility. Where is the wire you all are talking about on the IP? Also as far as working backward, what else are you meaning that should be checked?

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wire is on the drivers side of the ip on top. make sure you are getting around 12 volts with the key turned on

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I mean once you rule out the IP is not the problem, then work back to the filter housing. If no fuel there, then the fuel pump, then check all the lines back to the tank selector valve, and anything past that you might as well pull the bed off cause you will be looking in the tanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.