Not been a good week...

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Why does everything go wrong at once? I go to costco to buy a matress and borrow my dads suburban since both my fords were full of stuff, I measured it first, but it wouldn't fit even though it measured fine -cuss and my bank account was $6 short of buying beer, and I really need beer! :mad: so I gotta drive to my house and unload one of my trucks, then drive back to costco, 45 min one way, and the truck that I left at his house 15 min closer has a loaded 275 gallon tank in the back, not gonna move that! So much for saving time :rolleyes: and the next night, last night, I fire up the heat gun to scrape my floors, been workin on that for almost 3 weeks, refinishing to wood and scraping tar papper off, it flashes and pops, then dies! Then as I pull through my gate and set the parking brake today it goes pop and heads for the floor... One of the cables to one rear wheel just snapped! So, I guess I get to visit the friendly Ford dealer soon :( unless I find another source, and I thought I was done taking the rear end appart, it couldn't be the SRW that broke either, gotta be the DRW that I just put back together -cuss -cuss -cuss and since it has a standard transmission I gotta park it, turn it odd, put it in gear get out, open the gate, get in, start it up, drive it 40 feet, shut down all the way again, close the gate, start it up, and drive on... FOR 2 GATES!!! :rolleyes: :backoff

I guess it could be worse, I just want it all to stop!

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
LUCKY_LARUE60 said:
OK try to put wheel chocks under the truck from inside the cab while the truck is running LOL

I seen a kid do it while in school - he didn't have an E Brake or parking gear so as he pulled in the parking lot he would toss out a block of wood on a rope then let the truck roll back :rotflmao then he would chock the other side once he got out. Then when he got ready to leave all he had to do was pull forward a little then pull the rope in... Was a pretty slick system if you ask me... especially when we took his rope one day and loosened the knot on it :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

Meta6981

Reaction score
Wel i did think about that in retrospect. But for extra suuport to go along with the tranny.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Meta meant that you should do that as a temporary fix until you get your parking brake repaired...

In any event, no fun at all! I've had weeks like those as well...

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I made a better day today, while at home dummy to buy $8 of carpet tape I spent over $104 :backoff :rolleyes: ;Really :puke: I needed a good wet dry vac, but didn't want to spend the $$$, same for the dremel...

Wet/dry vac, $98 for $50, open box special missing one caster...

Dremel, 79.99 for $40, open box special, missing nothing LOL

Hope it continues...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.