non servicable HPOP fiting

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, as some of you may know, on the HPOP there is a fiting that can begin to leak when ever it feels like. this fiting is below the oil suply line fitings that you can buy an o ring kit for and reseal. when this fiting leaks ford requires pump replacement if the oil leak is to be stoped, this is because the fiting, alegedly, if removed, throws off the timing of the pump and you can not reuse it.

i rescently did a warrenty HPOP on a 7.3 truck, it was an 03 of coarse but, i wanted to investigate this plug a bit because i have no idea why ford says this. i removed the ipr so i could see the end of the plug as i removed it also. i took the plug out...and...heres the picture

You must be registered for see images

but as you can see the plug itself only pushes against the piece i also have removed, witch rests in a hole specifically sized for it, the piece behind the fiting does not spin or move, it can be removed as i did, but thats it, the area that it rests in also, does not move, so i am just curious if anyone has ever resealed this non servicable fiting with good results, or if someone has atempted before with pump failure...

any insight as to wether its resealable or not?:confused:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta wonder if this is the one they say don't remove because if you do there's a little check ball inside there that falls inside the pump:confused:

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
talked to a mechanic who has been replacing hpops for years, said he had no luck resealing them.
plus it was actually cheaper for the customer to replace the pump.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didnt know what it damaged or if it actually worked, i figured it didnt, but when i took it apart i didnt see any reason why it wasnt resealable, but i guess its definitly not

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online