no more BERU GPs from autozone!!!!!!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i went to get the GPs from autozone today.was told they will not be stocking them anymore.i payed 2.99 each for them instead of 10.00.so you guys may want to verify this and buy them up while you can.i bought the 13 that they had and will be hitting the rest of the AZs around me this week to buy more

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went to get the GPs from autozone today.was told they will not be stocking them anymore.i payed 2.99 each for them instead of 10.00.so you guys may want to verify this and buy them up while you can.i bought the 13 that they had and will be hitting the rest of the AZs around me this week to buy more

Dude.... They dont have any more because we bought them all!!! :rotflmao

You must have missed that post, I bought 48 for 2.99 ea just for myself.. ;p

mainiac

Reaction score
Good!
I had a brand new GP tip break of in a 15k motor! Timed to a t!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mainiac, what type of GP system did you have? Maybe I need to see if I can get some of those before they are completely gone. Of course I haven't ever been one of these guys that feel that berus are the ONLY acceptable glow plug for a 6.9/7.3, but I don't believe in using autolites and champs. They have historically been responsible for most catastrophic failures.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Ford GP's are Motorcraft Beru plugs. IH will either have Bosch or Beru. Bosch and Beru are both the best you can buy.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
BTW, I honestly dont know why Autozone is selling out of them. Beru is still producing them, and all the other parts stores can still get Motorcraft plugs, so I just dont understand why.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Dude.... They dont have any more because we bought them all!!! :rotflmao You must have missed that post, I bought 48 for 2.99 ea just for myself.. ;p
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao You're so right about that! :rotflmao :rotflmao I got 27 of 'em, somebody else got 20 something along about the same time.....84TD got his 48....I thought we all was gonna go together & open up a G/plug store!
I run the cash to the bank, rest you guys wait on suckers...I mean customers!!:rotflmao :rotflmao

Ford428CJ

FE Freak!
Reaction score
I like the Bosch Duraterm GP's. I did have a set of A/C GP. They all took a dump on me (had them for less then a week) and 5 had swollen tips! BOY was I cussing LOL.....

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The real important thing is that you want to stay away from the Champs and autolites. They are both made by Johnson Controls, and while they do many things well, GPs for IDIs was not one of them. The other important thing is to make sure your GP controller is working properly if its a solid state or replaced with a switch that gets no more than 8-10 seconds of juice at a time, then make sure the timing is spot on. Its disturbing that Mainiac lost a tip even with a perfectly timed engine and berus. I still await his answer on what type of GP system.

mainiac

Reaction score
Jd, it is the stock gp system. And that has always worked fine. For what I know of that system.
I replaced the controller 2 years ago, don't know the life expectation of these, but it better be more than that. :)
Putting the Beru's back in and going with it.
I will be putting the head back on and dropping it back into the truck this weekend.
I'll be sticking with the Beru's, though, I can't blame one gp when all my others were fine for years.
You guys no how the controller is tested?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really glad you guys are buying them all up. That way, when I need some, I don't have to run around town to find any. LOL