No Fuel??? (after intercooler install)

pullcat

Registered Cruiser
Reaction score
I finally broke down and bought a new Hypermax intercooler. I finished installing it today, I jumped in fired it up, it ran for about two seconds and then died. I tried bleeding it at the fuel filter head with no luck. After several attempts with no fuel, I removed the filter and it was half full. I even put five gallons of diesel in it just to be sure it had fuel.

I put on a new lift pump about a thousand miles ago. The truck was running perfect when I parked it to install the intercooler. HELP!!!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Did you mess with anything fuel related during the install? Are you sure its a fuel related problem? Maybe you left a rag in the IC and the motor sucked it in :puke: , just a thought.

pullcat

Registered Cruiser
Reaction score
O.k. today I went and picked up a holley red pump, and will install it this weekend. Hopefully this will solve my no fuel problem.

Has anyone heard of a fairly new lift pump just stop working? I don't know what else it could be. I just hope this holley pump will get me running again.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A pinched fuel line? Is that possible? Yes a mechanical lift pump can be almost bad out of the box or you might have installed it wrong with respect to the eccentric and the cam, unless you know for sure you didn't. Even so, you'll love an electric pump and the Holley Reds are pretty good.