No brakes, pedal rock soild...

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yeah, I would for sure recheck it.
I go about once a month, need to more often. At one point I was doing every other week. But it's cold out. Lol
If they aren't loose, that new master could be bad.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

madmax401

Reaction score
I think you may have nailed the creepy pedal issue without a doubt due to my laziness. Too many projects got me overwhelmed/buried. Perhaps this weekend I'll get those rear wheels in the air. That new low vacuum warning switch should be here friday. You're probably right again that it was unnecessary,but hey.......I acquired something they say couldn't be got :)
I'll update this post with progress made.
Thanx again for kicking this old dart to get the lead outta his a** :)

madmax401

Reaction score
My firm creepy pedal still occurred after bleeding the system a few times my manual foot pressure. I ended up using my buddies "BG brake bleeding machine" to pressurize the system. Just 3 tiny bubbles came out of the proportioning valve. Took the truck for a test ride and was still a firm creepy pedal that would barely stop the truck.......I started getting pissed off and hit the pedal hard enough to make it a Fred Flinstone mobile. For sure I thought I was gonna blow something. Then something let loose.....went a 1/4 inch from floorboard. 2 pumps later the brakes started functioning properly. I guess it had a stuck plunger or diaphragm......maybe a clogged return orifice..... The proportioning valve was brand spanking new 6 months ago.
No more creepy pedal.....it feels like a Lincoln Continental now. How frustrating this was and all it took was me going into self destruct mode to fix it :)

madmax401

Reaction score
In the drivers side frame rail under the door ....line in,line out and and an electrical plug.

madmax401

Reaction score
You're right.
In was told the RABS valve was the rear proportioning valve assembly. I should've just said RABS instead .....evidently had another brainfart :)