No Brakes !!! Hard pedal no power at all.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Yeah, they do go out...

on a Sunday, & when ya gotta go! $110-120 or so exchange round here couple yr ago if I recall.
& I guaged her after that trip too.
The parts guy was soooo sweet that he even pulled my old pulley off for me too....then told me to go home & put it back on myself.
As I recall, the pullys aren't the toughest materials either....can sorta bend & wobble if you get careless.

BTW, thru the years, I went thru about 3 new-used pump brackets, 2-3 of my own modifications & redesigns of the brackets, redoing & even added bolts. Kept breaking brackets or snaping bolts. I knew I had something vibrating, out of line, or something...but could never find it.
Finally, when I changed vac pumps, I bought new bracket from Ford & installed couple weeks later. Worked A-OK since...couple year now. Go figure....

(Wonder if I shoulda asked Ford about bracket warrenty on the old one....14-15 years....hummmm):rolleyes::rolleyes:

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just went through this checked my vac only had 10" put in a reman vac pump now have 26+" at idle & brakes again.

Squirreltow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brakes again

So I had a new vacuum pump ready to install. Decided to check pressure again with the old, (now it reads 20), Remove the old vacuum and install the new. Up to 23 and I have brakes again. ;Sweet

On order is a vacuum gauge from Isopro to install in my pod. Thanks Mel for the support.