NMB2 dyno

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the people on the IDI forums are pretty good about doing the work on their rigs themselves. If we weren't, we wouldn't own IDI's. If I paid someone for all the work that has been done to my truck, I'd probably have $20k into it. I realize not everyone has metal fab tools and a machine shop at their disposal, but; where there's a will, there's a way.
And smokin' good deals are always out there, you just have to be patient and watch the local adds closely. I think matching his build is doable if planned out over a couple of years time. You're not going to find the good deals when you're in a hurry to get them.
I'm really happy with the amount of money I have in my truck at this point, but it took about 5 years of scouring Craigslist to get there.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, also some people are just really good at finding the deals, it's a gift, I guess. I know a guy like that. I'm sure it's a matter of having cash on hand and looking in the right places. It's going to be pretty unlikely to find the Keith Black Silv-o-lite pistons as cheap as he did and the S362 turbo that cheap, the metalwork, if you can't do it you have to pay someone who can. Most of the other stuff is really reasonably priced for what it is.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is an impressive build. I (like many) wanted to build a high horse power idi but as it sits my motor keeps taking a beating and has so far never let me down. Maybe one day when it dies. But I already have a few cummins motors sitting around so I may just use one of those instead.