NMB2 dyno

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMAO...
He claimed 321 RWHP on his old build with how much invested?
Now he has 292 RWHP on this build with how much invested?
He also stated that dynojet gives inflated numbers.

That really isnt some number he pulled out of my hat, he has a dyno sheet that shows 300/557. Obviously it was wrong. He had the truck redynoed when he got to washington and it was 217/432. He just didnt wanna hear the crap and I don't blame him on that. He also only has $5,000 into his current IDI to get 300/600.

And when Justin stated that dynojet gives inflated numbers, thats true, and it generally seems to.... but now that he has run on a dynojet personally he thinks it gives a pretty accurate comparison to the other IDI's that ran on the mustang dyno due to the RPM pickup method...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did he do the Gary oil pressure spring shim mod? I think Gary is the only one tonmess with that. I think higher oil pressure would believe bottom end, or at least that was the conclusion of some correct?

He machined the bearing clearance to achieve more oil pressure...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes his build was WAY cheaper than a bone stock new truck, but you have to remember that he did/had friends do a lot of the fab work. he also got SMOKING deals on everything. i don't know the retail on one of those turbos but for $100 i think he did pretty good on it.:D

That's true but if anyone looks hard enough they can find good deals too. And anyone can weld although both Justins are better than the average Joe at it...

wmoguy

Reaction score
That really isnt some number he pulled out of my hat, he has a dyno sheet that shows 300/557. Obviously it was wrong. He had the truck redynoed when he got to washington and it was 217/432. He just didnt wanna hear the crap and I don't blame him on that. He also only has $5,000 into his current IDI to get 300/600.

And when Justin stated that dynojet gives inflated numbers, thats true, and it generally seems to.... but now that he has run on a dynojet personally he thinks it gives a pretty accurate comparison to the other IDI's that ran on the mustang dyno due to the RPM pickup method...

No he has a dyno sheet w/ a HP # and then a carefully traced in torque line that he passed off as if it came from the dyno. It wasn't until the lies began to fall apart did he reveal that to be what happened.. I hold no ill will against the guys past; however lets keep the facts honest.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Did he do the Gary oil pressure spring shim mod? I think Gary is the only one tonmess with that. I think higher oil pressure would believe bottom end, or at least that was the conclusion of some correct?

Nope.. He didn't do my oil pressure mod... I talked to Russ and did what he did but I added a little more shims. We talked in depth about this. I made up 70 thousands of shimming. So the credit goes to typ4 for th e oil pressure spring modification....:D

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wmoguy, I don't have any dogs in this fight, but I'm getting sick of you dragging up the same stuff again and again, here is the dyno sheet you speak of, which has not been doctored, and, the numbers in the output below the graph do agree with the graph:
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz110/NMB2/F350/F350Dyno.jpg

While it may not have been accurate, there is no carefully penciled in line, the sheet and the numbers he used came from that dyno.
I'm not saying that I agree 100% with how those numbers and facts were delivered, but, can't we all just let the past be the past? The amount of animosity and fighting about his build is insane, yes, it is a breaking new ground build for an idi, but, there is no reason to turn discussion of it into an all out war.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Wmoguy, I don't have any dogs in this fight, but I'm getting sick of you dragging up the same stuff again and again, here is the dyno sheet you speak of, which has not been doctored, and, the numbers in the output below the graph do agree with the graph:
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz110/NMB2/F350/F350Dyno.jpg

While it may not have been accurate, there is no carefully penciled in line, the sheet and the numbers he used came from that dyno.
I'm not saying that I agree 100% with how those numbers and facts were delivered, but, can't we all just let the past be the past? The amount of animosity and fighting about his build is insane, yes, it is a breaking new ground build for an idi, but, there is no reason to turn discussion of it into an all out war.

Point taken of your distain....

Although do go reread all the hub bub. He admits to doctoring in a torque line.

Case closed

BTW, my dislike for his past dishonesty (which eventually becomes internet folklore) has no relevance on my admiration of his build and progress. That (his build) deserves mucho kudos

Diesile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody that I know of has given the IDI community as much info to work with as I have
seen in his posts. The time required to make those posts and do the amount of work he
did, which he has been willing to share, has my complete respect.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMAO...
He claimed 321 RWHP on his old build with how much invested?
Now he has 292 RWHP on this build with how much invested?
He also stated that dynojet gives inflated numbers.

Yeah, I'd rather you didn't kick him in this thread. That original black truck dyno was some guestimation because that particular dyno did not have a true RPM pickup as this dyno had. Justin has changed his tune on the dynojet a little bit. Lets forget about that s***storm that happened with his last build and try to focus on what can be learned from this experience. These are without a doubt honest numbers, and very good ones

Last edited:

lbzbuick

diesel =)
Reaction score
how come he doesnt talk on oilburners? and what is there to argue about, its awesome what he is doing!! Id sure like to build an idi like that but I sure wouldnt want some of the people on here downing on me, I would love for the people to be helpful so we can all gain knowledge. This is the best site for gaining knowledge and most people are extremely nice and helpful. We always read about people wanting to do what hes doing and someone finaly does it and we help out by downing him,,, cmon guys ??

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how come he doesnt talk on oilburners? and what is there to argue about, its awesome what he is doing!!
There is a LOT of drama behind that...the short version is, his honesty was called into question (as described above), he became unnecessarily combative, and he finally went too far and was shown the door (rightfully so IMHO, although I know others disagree), I admire what he's done, but at the same time, I have difficulty seeing past his attitude and, frankly, am getting tired of all the drama that's surrounded this...

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Point taken of your distain....

Although do go reread all the hub bub. He admits to doctoring in a torque line.

Case closed

BTW, my dislike for his past dishonesty (which eventually becomes internet folklore) has no relevance on my admiration of his build and progress. That (his build) deserves mucho kudos
You have it backwards. He had a torque number that appears to be true and accurate, but since there was no RPM pickup one of the parameters from the HP equation was missing. The result is that true HP could only be estimated. The estimate was too high, but I believe it was an honest mistake. I will give you, Justin, and anyone else the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their honesty unless there is incontrovertible evidence to the contrary.

For a given torque and speed, the power may be calculated; the relationship between torque in foot-pounds, rotational speed in rpm and horsepower is:
Power (as HP)= TN/5252 where T= Torque, N= Shaft rpm

Source: Wikipedia Horsepower article
Equation from: http://www.engineersedge.com

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
There is a LOT of drama behind that...the short version is, his honesty was called into question (as described above), he became unnecessarily combative, and he finally went too far and was shown the door (rightfully so IMHO, although I know others disagree), I admire what he's done, but at the same time, I have difficulty seeing past his attitude and, frankly, am getting tired of all the drama that's surrounded this...

Not to mention all the harassment he still gives some members of this forum via other forums or in his youtube videos. Some people just go beyond being forgivable for things they have done. Justin (NMB2) is one of those people.

Is his build impressive? Yes, of course it is. He put hundreds of hours into building that thing.
Does the awe inspiring build over shadow the facts surrounding the person that built it? In my opinion, no. He has said and done things to the nicest and most helpful members on this forum that just can't be forgiven. With that said I'm honestly sick of people bringing him up over here, it always starts a $#!^storm with the senior members that know about what he did.

Then there's the backlash of his builds leaking into normal repair threads. Most people know what I'm talking about, the ones where someone comes in and says "Oh well NMB2 did this in his build, so let it be written, this is how it should be done." Thats not true when most people on here just want a cheap reliable work horse that will be dependable every morning when they need to go to work.
Anyone thats built engines knows you have 2 classes of engine builds.
1. Those that go balls to the wall, are all out performance builds and are built solely to put out the maximum amount of power possible from that power plant.
2. Those that are built with precision and care, taking into account the use of that engine, keeping it well within the tolerances of the materials said engine was built with to ensure long term service.

There's no in between and anyone that says so is living in a fantasy world.

Thats my .02. I didn't bash the guy, I didn't praise the guy, and I didn't try to start any wars. Just give those members that didn't know some insight into why there's disdain for this guy on this forum. So I'd appreciate it if this post didn't disappear like the last one did. There's no reason to hide the truth about him, it should be known.