Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

THE PO said that he did the filter recently on the truck, I wish I had not taken his word. I put on the used pump, then got a wild hair to check/replace the filter AFTER I got it running.. Man, I think I just bought myself alot more work..... The paper towels show what came out of the filter.

Last edited:

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW:eek: That is a really jacked up filter you got there. If there is any way you can flush your IP to avoid running that crap through there I'd do it.

Weren't you having stalling issues? It certainly looks like that would be a contributing factor right there.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Mmmmmmm crunchies... can you say junk core :bail
Sorry man, but don't even send that thing in for a rebuild, they'll kill you on the core charge, and if they don't, by the time they finish adding up internals, you'd wish they would have hit you with a core charge.

masterbeavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But But But, it ran when it came off of the truck.... It started, it ran good, just stalled on decell, and leaked from a seal........ I will be having a not so pleasant conversation with the guy who I got the truck from.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Heh, I wish I had that excuse, chances I would have gotten the thing cheaper... Its been a Cail truck all of its life.

Still could have been submerged for a period of time somewhere.

Years ago when I was turning wrenches at a jeep dealer we had one that someone didn't bother to check the stream before crossing and wound up 9 feet under. after the thing was recovered and towed in, much of the innards looked about like that( and I mean crud and rust in just about everything, carb, engine, diffs, gearboxes ).

sassyrel

Reaction score
and--unless the internals of the i are realllyyyyyyyy corroded--an ultrasound will take off all the crud---thems nice machines---so he may not get hit for a core---unless he doesnt know the shop---and they put the screws to him----

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online