Newbie ? 4 sp. Manuals in '86 F-350

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Don't forget also that there is a T-19, and then there is the T-19B. We have the "B" version. Which unfortunately, I forget the exact meaning of, but I think it has to do with different ratios.

Very possible Mel, I know that my truck struggled to get rolling on the slight slope in my driveway with 3.55's. With the 4.10's, I can just let out the clutch and never touch the fuel feed, but it will still run 15 MPH or so without nearing gov. speed.

TBigLug

I Miss U Baby Girl
Reaction score
Well, if nothing else, I can always be counted on to spark a good lively discussion. Where do i find the trans and rear axle codes on my truck? I'll post them up so you know what I've got. Supposedly, it has a "Sterling" rear axle (good or bad?).

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ratio sets are associated with the letters, the T19A has the 4.02:1 first gear, the B has the 5.11, and the 6.32:1 version is the T19D

Chuckdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From trying to follow the posts you guys say that the T-19 does not always have a granny gear? My truck is a 350 and a 4 speed with a first gear that will drag a semi up hill. I have a 10.25 rear with 4.10 gears and my trans code in the door is "P" what that means I dont know. In first top speed is about 5 mph and reverse is about 10 and thats wound up. I can chirp 33 allterrains just dumpin the clutch without hitting the gas. So what does all that mean. My buddy also has a 250 84' with the same tranny.:popcorn

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would depend on what you consider granny. All those ratios are going to walk away at idle with 4.10's.