New

6.9forddiesel

Goin' Green
Reaction score
Hi,
okay so i just bought a 1987 ford f-250 with the 6.9 and an aftermarket banks turbo for a grand and for some reason my windows wont work but they are drawing power but neither of the windows will go down, and i think i might have an oil leak coming from the oil cooler any ideas? thanks for your help

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad the windows are up at least.... The motors do wear out but it could be the plastic gears broken. The door panels need to come off. There is a phillips screw holding the arm rest in place. Then pull the panel away from the door. Its held on with plastic pins... Kinda a cheap zip screw. When the door panel is off the metal door skin needs to be drilled out where the dimples are. You can look behind the sking for the bolts and see where you need to drill out from. Make the holes big enough for the socket to fit thru. I think its a 1/4 drive 5/16. There are 3 of them and you will have a left and right motor. Napa sells them as most other autoparts stores. The brushes usually just wear out and stop making contact. If you can find the brushes its an easy repair. Just watch how things come apart and clock everything the same. You can put them back together wrong and they wont fit the door. I know this too well. The oil cooler leak needs more information before I can help. It could be a valve cover gasket too. Welcome down here too. We have all the help you will ever need...

6.9forddiesel

Goin' Green
Reaction score
i know when i did buy the truck a few days ago the guy said that the motors and everything were replaced but not sure if its true i know the truck sat 4 years before i picked it up, also the winsheild wiper motor is bad easy fix?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would clean and check lots of electrical connections first, it can solve a world of ills.

6.9forddiesel

Goin' Green
Reaction score
well thanks everyone ill try it all tommorow when i get home from school(no license to drive it anyways) so its just a project truck until i get my license back 10 days and counting yay :);Sweet