New windshield cost?

Whit

Reaction score
Well it looks like the crack in the 04.5 has grown from the pass side to about 3/4 infront of the drivers side right where ya need to look :mad: I was just curious what a windshield gonna cost for an 04.5 ...............the wife got this crack driving it home from Kellog Idaho before she got outa Idaho :backoff , Ya gotta wonder if using the insurance is worth it cuz they usually just jack the rate up on ya and ya end up paying for the windshield several times :draw ...................its funny how things are my 01 still has original windshield :confused:

Cheers, Kevin

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Whitmore said:
Well it looks like the crack in the 04.5 has grown from the pass side to about 3/4 infront of the drivers side right where ya need to look :mad: I was just curious what a windshield gonna cost for an 04.5 ...............the wife got this crack driving it home from Kellog Idaho before she got outa Idaho :backoff , Ya gotta wonder if using the insurance is worth it cuz they usually just jack the rate up on ya and ya end up paying for the windshield several times :draw ...................its funny how things are my 01 still has original windshield :confused:

Cheers, Kevin

Dunno about the cost for wifey's truck, but I have AAA insurance and I get my windshields replaced for a $50 deductable. :thumbsup:

Max Power

Reaction score
I know for me a windshield claim does not affect my rates at all.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, we replaced a window in a 02 dodge 2500 last week at work for 175... thats the cheapest I have ever seen it...

epin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use my insurance with state farm and it never goes up, that i'm aware of....

but it seems like right after i get a new windshield put in, a rock hits it.

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Whitmore said:
I prolly need to check into the insurance since I havent had a claim in over 9 years

one of the many reasons you have it, time to make them pay up, Lord knows you've been paying them well enough!

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
epin said:
i use my insurance with state farm and it never goes up, that i'm aware of....

I'm with State Farm (have been for 20 years) and they no longer cover glass breakage. Its now a part of your comprehensive coverage. So, what ever your deductable is for your comprehensive is what you will pony up to get a windshield put in, anything over that they will cover then two months down the road raise you premium so they can re-coop their money. I hate insurance companies. -cuss

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Cracked windshield is applied toward your comprehensive insurance. Rocks, deer and other things in the road that shouldn't be there considered acts of nature are applied to your comp coverage and are not counted against you and should not raise your rates.
Just for giggles ask your windshield guy what the windshield would cost if you didn't have insurance and compare that number to what he is billing your insurance company. The price is usually 1/2 to 1/3. Typically the only price you see is what the ins. co. was billed and you think you're getting a good deal paying your deductible. If you drop your comp. coverage (if you don't have a bank loan on the vehicle) and just pay out of pocket for the windshield, you come out ahead when you factor in what you pay annually for comp coverage and the deductible. This is figuring you'll only need one windshield a year.

Jerry

Dunce
Reaction score
Here in Florida if a crack is anywhere in the drivers vision your insurance company has to replace it with no deductable by law. ;Sweet

scrappy

Reaction score
windshield

I got mine replaced about 3 mo. ago for rock chips, the glass co. paid me $50 to do it. I'm in FL.