new wheels and tires. 285 75 16... Americas tire experience

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
that is a bit of weight, but not too crazy for the size tires you are dealing with. honestly....my left front wheel/tire was out almost 5oz, zeroed it out and didn't feel a single difference.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
UPDATE.. AMERICAS TIRE BOUGHT ME NEW LUG NUTS.. I ENDED UP HAVING TO WARRANTY THE TIRES BECAUSE THE HUGE SIPINGS GRABBED ROCKS AND THEY WOULD NOT THROW TILL 70MPH.. IF THEY DID AT ALL.. TICK TICK TICK ALL DAY AROUND TOWN.

HAD 255/85/16 BFG MT KM2 INSTALLED... THEY INSTALLED ONE 285/75/16... LETS SAY I WAS NOT HAPPY.. I WAS ALSO SKIPPED, ONE PERSON BUT IT WAS ALMOST 2 IF I DIDNT SPEAK UP. SO FAR THEY ONLY REFUNDED ME THE $64 INSTALL FEE... I CANT BELIEVE THEY WOULD CHARGE ME AGAIN AFTER PAYING FOR THE CERTIFICATES AND HAVING TO WARRANTY THE TIRES BECAUSE OF A DEFECT IN DESIGN.

ANYWAYS, IM WAITING FOR ANOTHER CALL BACK FROM CORPORATE.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
here are the 285s on the eagle alloys.
You must be registered for see images attach

heres the 255s on new alcoas

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I don't trust anyone working on my stuff. good luke with those at-m's. had them on my stroker and even with a tight front end they burned off FAST! didn't last 6 months/ under 10k.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I still have a totally MANUAL tire machine. No forcing anything. It kept getting in the way so I welded it an old D8 idler shell, now it is a portable manual tire machine (as long as the forlift is running).

You havent lived until you are in a hurry so you have the local tire guys (usually ok) mount your brand new 35" tires you really couldn't afford and catch them trying to force them on from the wrong side of the rim!

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 30K on my ATM's and they are still more than useable on my feed truck w/ ~40% on them. Always loaded with feed and hay.