New user intending to burn WMO WVO and anything else flammable.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere abouts 1200 dollars is my price point. I look at that expense as trivial compared to my fuel cost. I average 650 miles per week, at 15 mpg it cost me 150 170 per week to run pure diesel. Thankfully my 'big" truck a 90 f350 CClwb duelly runs 100% just fine, just doesn't like to crank on it. in the next week i'm robbing the FSV off another to hook to an aux bed tank and also route return to the tank of my desire with a third sinngle line fsv.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For sure. Im sure we will make the move to a single pass down the road... they are very nice units... but are out of our price range at the moment.

Sent from a pay phone... using Tapatalk v2.0

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, I'm waiting on free funds to upgrade. I have uses for my other fuges though. I plan to use one to clean the solvent in my DIY parts washer I made. I want to be able to heat my oil with a lot less wattage, run it through a large fuge that sharply increases the G-Seconds over these little things or for that matter any oil driven unit. The only way to do so is run a large rotor, motor driven unit. My ultimate plan is to feed oil at a rate of about 1/2-1/4 GPM at somewhere north of 275 Fahrenheit. My plan is to use a a small heating vessel that burns around 300 watts or less and then feed directly into the fuge from there. No pump to fool with, no 10KWh heaters and gravity feed and gravity fill. I want my heating vessel to be filled with a float valve and an open top to boil off water. A small shallow vessel will allow temperatures to be lower to remove water, and require less heating power to quickly get the system running. The current Pa bio diesel units I am now running are exerting 91,000 G-seconds on my oil. Just one of the few I am looking at will exert over 230,000 G-seconds at 15 GPH. I may be wasting my money but I'll know once I make the purchase. I am going to pit one against the other, having the single pass unit run "cleaned" oil from the oil driven units, and then I am going to do the same in reverse, run "cleaned" oil through the by pass units from the single pass unit. If I ever have time, once I do so I'll post pictures along with my opinions.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be great for research purpose and to show if its worth the cost.

Keep us updated if you would.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk about research, I would love to see a pic taken from a microscope that can take a mpeg or something like that.
Have a sample before a person starts filtering, then a pic from 1, 2 passes.
Hopefully with a "normal" microscope you could see the particles and be able to tell difference.

finitetime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey josh veg oil and motor oil dont mix

x2 on that

The longer you let the wmo/rug mix settle the better. Don't try to rush it.

Works real well with wvo too.

Mine sits for about 2 mo in five gallon buckets before I use it so each bucket has a layer in the bottom I dont use because its to dirty.

i filter through several sock filters down to 5 microns then run it through a cold upflow filter system. From there I run it though a store bought filter before it goes in my truck. Then through the filter on the truck. I burn about 40 gallons a week and have had no major problems.

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, A little update, an old family friend has made my acquaintance. HB Chipman, Mr HB has been a forge welder and hobby machinist that has helped out elder members of my family from time to time. The very same uncle that I bought my tractor from saved 1200 dollars years ago, by allowing mr HB to forge weld the steering cylinder rod on the very tractor I now own and also run on a WMO blend.

Ok Back to the story. Mr HB has helped Dad welding cast iron years back, and machined the random part once or twice for him. It seems mr HB is very interested in WMO, he owns three Diesels, one of which is an old Deuce and a half, and it's thirsty. Since my name has made it around town and the county for wanting used oil, and burning it for fuel he came to visit me. I showed him my setup, explained the benefits, caveats etc. HE is going to go ahead with the venture, while I doubt he'll ever start an account on here I have told him about the site. He's in his late 60's, early 70's, so the internet and etc is not something he cares for. Back to the important part of this post.

Mr HB is an experienced machinst albeit retired. Ive been invited to his shop to use whatever I need whenever I need it, and in turn I will help him build a setup to process used oil. I haven't yet visited although I do carry his mail on Saturdays. HE didn't tell be the size of the lathe, but he has an advanced metal lathe, a Bridgeport and several other metal working machines at his disposal. I have been offer the use of all of it of course.

Why am I telling anyone that wants to read this?

He is interested, and I have decided to build my own centrifuge with his help.

It will be an externally powered machine capable of at least 6000 rpm. Perhaps about 8" in diameter. Possibly larger depending on the size of his lathe.
I'm open to suggestions and will start a new post welcoming such suggestions. I'll link to it from here.