new to the 7.3 idi

Rollings

Reaction score
hey guys im gettin ready to buy a 1992 f-250 with the 7.3 in it. are there any particular areas i need to check out really well? i know there are some idiots out there that silicone the hole on the back of the valley when there oil lines are leaking but other than that i really dont know what to look for. its a 4x4 with 198000 k on it so i dunno. any help would be appreciated.

thanks guys

Jason

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Jason,
Welcome to OB!;Sweet Here's a good place to start for some info along with the other stickies at the top of this forum.
There's plenty of info so grab yer favorite beverage and have a seat and enjoy. We'll help ya and may even help ya spend some of yer money too. :D Loads and loads of knowledge here.
Good luck on the purchase.:thumbsup:

wgargan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know there are some idiots out there that silicone the hole on the back of the valley when there oil lines are leaking

can you tell me about that? and where to look? I have my Ip out now and am trying to visually inspect the engine for future maintenanc/ work (money burning)
thanks

Rollings

Reaction score
wgargan:

the high pressure oil lines will start leaking at the ip and ppl will confuse it for that hole in the valley. so ppl dont realize the lines are leaking and plug up the oil hole in the valley.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
wgargan:

the high pressure oil lines will start leaking at the ip and ppl will confuse it for that hole in the valley. so ppl dont realize the lines are leaking and plug up the oil hole in the valley.

What high pressure oil lines might you be referring to on an IDI ?
the IDI doesn't have the hi pressure oil pump setup for the injectors that the powerstrikes have. The only external oil line would be to feed a turbo if it had one, and that's standard engine oil pressure

-------Robert

Exekiel69

Reaction score
What high pressure oil lines might you be referring to on an IDI ?
the IDI doesn't have the hi pressure oil pump setup for the injectors that the powerstrikes have. The only external oil line would be to feed a turbo if it had one, and that's standard engine oil pressure

-------Robert

Some idiots confuse the powerstroke and idi engines too LOL .

Welcome.

Rollings

Reaction score
if u look at my original post, u see i dont mention high pressure, sry i made a mistake, like u havent before but those lines do leak

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know there are some idiots out there that silicone the hole on the back of the valley when there oil lines are leaking

Some idiots confuse the powerstroke and idi engines too LOL .

Welcome.

if u look at my original post, u see i dont mention high pressure, sry i made a mistake, like u havent before but those lines do leak

Welcome......Zeeks poking a little fun at you, might wanna lighten up a bit.;Really

BTW, what oil lines are you reffering to on an IDI:confused: .........I have an IDI and a Powerstroke and you have lost me on this one.

The PSD has oil lines in the vally of doom (which happen to be high pressure, 500 - 3000 psi, and mine don't leak). The only lines I can think of on the IDI are the FUEL lines unless you have a turbo on it. Major source of oil leaks on the IDI are valve covers and near the injection pump timing gear cover.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like he meant to say the fuel lines.definately need to lighten up a bit.these guys have a huge sence of humor and like to get and give a good laugh.;Sweet

Rollings

Reaction score
nah im not upset or pissed or anything, i can give it right back, i was just in a bad mood this morning and yes i did mean the fuel lines, sry u have to remember im new lol

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
It's kinda like yer local bar in here. Or if you're workin' on the job and get a disproportionate amount of flack for somethin small ya messed up that at least one person always remembers. Feel free to poke back.

Is it a E4OD or ZF5 tranny?

Adrianspeeder

Rollings

Reaction score
i believe it has the E40D, wasnt that the only automatic offered then?

Rollings

Reaction score
hey guys how hard are the injectors to get in and out to replace the o-rings? i have 2 leaking so i thought id replace all of them

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys how hard are the injectors to get in and out to replace the o-rings? i have 2 leaking so i thought id replace all of them

If you're just replacing the O-rings on the fuel return lines, do it as an entire set with new caps and O-rings. You don't even have to pull the injectors out. Took my old crippled butt 2 hrs per side with basic hand tools and lots of breaks :smoke::drunk: :D

Rollings

Reaction score
any ideas on where i can get the caps and o-rings or should i just try goin through my local ford dealer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online