New to me 96 'stroke

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can recalibrate your speedo in a couple minutes.just need to either do the math to fing the number you need or somebody here can give it to you.i dont have my truck here so i cant give you the code mine needed

http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/...EDOMETER_ON_9296_FORD_FSERIES_AND_BRONCO.html

I still need to figure out the gears. the 5% difference in tire size does not account for 10% error in the spedometer (if there is one). Speedo could be going out, somebody could have put 4.33 gears in it, I still have not verified that it has a sterling (to tell the truth it looks like a 14bolt, and those came with 4.56). but now that I have a pic of what a sterling looks like I can verify the axle. on my way home next week I will plug in my GPS and get an accurate speed to compare to the rpm and go from there.

Last edited:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i can almost gaurantee that you have a 10.25 with 4.10s .how much tread on the tires?as the tread gets lower and lower the speedo start reading differently

Thatguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it has 4.56.

235/85/16 @60 mph (as measured with gps) @ 2000ish rpm with E4od (.71.....?) I come up with 4.56 at 2030 rpm.

verified by jacking up the rear, marking the tire at 6 o'clock and marking the tire at 6 o'clock and had my wife count how many times my tire rotated while I tunred the drive shaft 360*...... the tire turned 4 times and the mark stopped at the 12 o'clock position.

the only other thing I can think of is pulling the cover and counting teeth.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online