New to forum,need idi help

Gotta-B-Ford

BOOTLEGGER
Reaction score
First let me say that you have a great site and i have allready found alot of usefull info.I have just bought a 94 f350 4x4 7.3 idi tubo,it misses when you start it up and blue/white smoke smells like raw diesel.But wheen you drive it for about a mile or less it stops smoking and does not miss. Have been told by most everyone i need new injectors!So i went yesterday to a place and bought injectors stamped BB they SWEAR!! that these will work (Delphi's).Ipulled out Stanadyne G code,Will the BB delphi's work or do i tkae them back?Thanks in advance for any input, and keep up the good work.:dunno

Last edited:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Welcome. Yes the injectors will work but if You have G code injectors and it is a turbo pump I would put the G code there but You can use the ones You bought anyway. Have You used any fuel additive? before You spend big money maybe You also want to know how many miles it has in it, does everything look stock maybe something was replaced before and the thing was not timed.

Gotta-B-Ford

BOOTLEGGER
Reaction score
Well lets see now,it all started about 3 months ago (miss blue/white smoke )so my buddy took it to a mechanic or thats what he called himself and he said head gaskets! $1000 later my buddy is out of money and a ride to work or anywhere else for that matter because he is afraid it is going to go any time,so now i own a 94 f350 4x4 and he owns my 86 f150 4x4. but to answer your question at that point of the pump time,it has been moved but it is still doing the same thing now as before the gaskets were put in.:dunno

Gotta-B-Ford

BOOTLEGGER
Reaction score
I have tried injector cleaners (sea foam/lucas) no better.The truck has 176k and the injectors look stock(grey paint that matches engine). And the pump has a reman tag on it (stanadyne).

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
change the injectors and get it timed.

and Welcome!!!!!;Sweet

Good trade on trucks!!!:thumbsup:

PS fill in you sig.

Last edited:

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you may have one or more bad glow plugs. Without the glow plug the cylinder has to get up to temperature before the diesel will compression ignite.

I've had a couple IDI's with bad plugs, I'd have to rev them up a little to get the bad cylinders to start firing.

Mis-firing has a cumulative effect. A bad glow plug will cause the cylinder to soot up, which will negatively effect the injector.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online