New to Dodge

GrahamWelding

Reaction score
I just bought my first Dodge last night, traded in my 05 six leaker Ford for it. How is dodge about mods and warranty? Are there any mod friendly dealers in south east Oklahoma?

Thanks
Brian

boatelectronicguy

Reaction score
My dealer down here said that anything other than exhaust would void the warranty as far as they were concerned. I guess a roktech crank sensor would be undetectable as long as you swapped it out before going in for service. But a lot of the boxes and programmers leave some kind of telltale.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
even when you take them off for dealer warranty service...one quick pcm scan and your screwed...it stores long term fuel mapping, highest egt reached...all kinds of freeze frame data. disconnecting your battery to try and erase the memory makes it even worse....not only does it store the freeze frames even after battery disconnect...it stores a code for the battery being disconnected. if they see freeze frame and a battery disconnect code...theyll know your hiding something and look even deeper.

Batman

Reaction score
If you're going to modify, remember this one sentence.....

I am my own warranty station.

or,

if you want to play, you have to pay.

Some dealers may be ok with slight mods. However, once you really start adding power, and "IF" you have a major issue with your truck, often times, it's out of the dealers hands and into the local reps for Dodge.

Good luck

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty much sums it up. we had a guy running stacked edge and bully dog chips..with an afe cold air intake, 5" downpipe..straight pipe out, gauges, FASS system...etc etc. it had a bad injector o-ring..we replaced it. 2 weeks later he has a claim of fuel in oil smell, we check er out, found a cracked injector nozzle. we replaced it..under close paperwork from chrysler...this went on and on...then he bought some 100hp injectors, we stuck them in. 3 months later, he gets it towed in, oil pouring out of the dipstick..well, his new fancy injectors nozzles broke/melted off due to HIGH egt's. being the guy our service manager was...he tried to buddy buddy deal him a new engine under warranty. little did he know, when a cummins breaks to the point of needing a 7k dollar long block..they send some reps out to scan the truck and look at it. one word...******. exactly what he was. they wrote the vin down, punched it into the system and flagged it"WARRANTY VOID FOR TAMPERING. EMMISIONS WARRANTY VOID FOR TAMPERING. BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY VOID FOR TAMPERING" needless to say, he paid dearly for the power the truck really didnt need. they have stout engines stock. theres NOTHING you cant pull within the recommended capacity of these trucks.

oh..btw..7k was dealer cost...not customer cost..no labor included either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker