New/old DD project Smurf

IHpower87Ford

Reaction score
I'm finally getting this up on here. Started out the cab and bed on my late 94 300k+mile PSD was so bad i sold it to my buddy and had to find a new truck so i found this truck in march for 1500$ with extra motor, trans, transfer, front clip, hood , axles and even a hitch for my E99. Newer 33-12.5's-16.5 mastercraft courser mt's before it sat for a year. Motor and gauge cluster are not original but said 191k when i bought it has 195k present. The cab and bed are Very solid for an Ohio truck and only has one bad rusted spot on pass side front fender. It has lots of dents and paint chipped off but still gets alot of attention and offers lol.
You must be registered for see images attach

94 F250 7.3 NA E4OD

Things I've fixed/done so far.:cheers:
1.New brakes calipers, hoses, one brake line along the frame.
2.Spent at least an hour and a half scrubbing all the dirt and brake dust off the 16.5's with brillo pads and water.
3.Didn't have a rear bumper(previously had farm bumper), installed one off my old late 94 i sold
4.Replaced the usual burnt out bulbs and added led trailer lights under the tailgate.
5.Replaced GP's with diesel RX
6.Installed 2.5in Raptor mufflers from advance auto because there was no exhaust from the downpipes back.
7.Some stickers for HP!

Latest pic of it:
You must be registered for see images attach

Some of the bigger things that Need fixed still :smoke:
1.Right head has bad exhaust chuff nice and loud needs swapped out (FML)
2.My injection pump is bad (No hot start FML)
3.Key broke off inside Ignition (thanks to previous owner)
4.Receiver hitch needs installed (rear of frame is bent down have to straighten it out)
5.A Dam knob for my headlight switch (Grrrrrr)

My plans for this truck,
1.Keep it NA
2.True dual 2.5in exhaust with glasspacks and 5in tips (Love that sound)
3.Stans Headers (Yeeah Boi!)
4.Beef up the E4OD (this is the first auto 4x4 Ive ever owned out of six F-series 4x4s)
5.Advance the timing and tweak the fuel a tiny bit
6.Keep it stock height with Rancho shocks and single steering stabilizer.
7.Some kind of posi for the rear and traction bars later on.
8.Magtec tranny pan and rear diff cover when i get rich.
9.IDIT Precups and Injectors? (Yay no Nay?)

So basically I'm holding off on the head/HG's and injection pump until i get my camaro DD back from my buddy. Plus i have a another project E99 F350 with the motor out that needs cleaned up and put back in so Needless to say this is an on going project and i will get more pictures of it soon just been busy as frig with no extra money for now. So any ideas, questions, Input?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
There are some advantages to the headers. Nothing mechanical to wear out, no oil to leak, no turbo lag to name a few. They do give you more power. They can be tricky to install if you've never done it before. You need to slightly notch the top of the passenger's side of the frame for the header to fit up from the bottom (they won't fit from the top side). If you pull the engine to fix the head problem, do both sides. The other will be needing new guides too. This is the best time to install your headers. The driver's side header will need to be clearanced on one tube to clear the oil cooler. One tube hits on the cap and a bolt. I believe it's the rear one. I like to put the header on the driver's side before putting the engine back in. You can do it with both sides on, but it's not worth the extra hassle to me. Another reason to pull the engine is to install head studs. It's recommended by most of us on here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online