new motor, more power

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This has been floating around the "other" site for some time. Thats really an engine. Ken... Look at those head studs. I'll bet the test out to about 10,000,000 psi breaking strength each.:eek:

93_E_350

7.3 IDI NA
Reaction score
This has been floating around the "other" site for some time. Thats really an engine. Ken... Look at those head studs. I'll bet the test out to about 10,000,000 psi breaking strength each.:eek:

You should see the truck their putting it in, it's got a 186 foot bed! :hail

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen this many times over the last couple years. My favorite line is...

"Even at its most efficient power setting, the big 14 consumes 1,660 gallons of heavy fuel oil per hour.":eek:

How would you like to pay that fuel bill at todays prices. That would be $4150 per hour at $2.50 a gallon:puke:

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out how to get just one cylinder (7780 hp!) into the bed and then how to keep the truck from hopping off the ground with every stroke.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen this many times over the last couple years. My favorite line is...

"Even at its most efficient power setting, the big 14 consumes 1,660 gallons of heavy fuel oil per hour.":eek:

How would you like to pay that fuel bill at todays prices. That would be $4150 per hour at $2.50 a gallon:puke:

Not at all near $2.50 / gallon. Those big motors use "residual" oil. Basically the stuff left over from the crude after all the useful parts have been taken out. It's something like tar that has to be heated to even flow.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I'd hate to have to grind that crankshaft - I think our machine would have been just a little small anyway!!!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Heavy crude oil is also called bunker grade. We ran it in the boilers in the generating stations I worked at. We had to heat it to about 150 degrees before it was injected into the furnace at around 1500 lbs. The filters we cleaned were terrrible to work on and time was always working against us. The bunker would freeze up at 102 degrees and acted like stinky black candle wax. If it got on your clothes we just threw them out. It wouldn't come out with anything. Even gas wouldn't cut it. We ran millions of gallons every day of that stuff.:eek:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Heavy crude oil is also called bunker grade. We ran it in the boilers in the generating stations I worked at. We had to heat it to about 150 degrees before it was injected into the furnace at around 1500 lbs. The filters we cleaned were terrrible to work on and time was always working against us. The bunker would freeze up at 102 degrees and acted like stinky black candle wax. If it got on your clothes we just threw them out. It wouldn't come out with anything. Even gas wouldn't cut it. We ran millions of gallons every day of that stuff.:eek:

Sounds like nasty stuff! Learning so much from this site! ;Sweet