New IDI owner Nebraska

anotheridi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just go my little brother (he did pay for it, I just had the membership to the auction) a 1994 regular cab longbox 4x4 from an insurance auction, it has the factory turbo and the E4OD. The truck was very well taken care of but came with a salvage title due to theft, I guess when you dont pay for the truck you can stay on top of maintenance. Thus far all fluids have been changed except the trans fluid, as I suspect the torque converter is going south. But i did overfill it by about 10 ounces as I was dumb and checked the level while the front end was facing downhill. I have since drained some out and the code 62 has stayed away, and no shudder has been felt. I did have to replace all the glowplugs and fix a ground wire on the glow plug relay, but she fires right up now. I plan on helping him get the trans fluid replaced if the code 62 stays away otherwise we will probably just replace the converter or possibly rebuild the trans. Other plans are for a turbo back exhaust to help it breathe a little, then possibly a custom intake, and definately some gauges to keep an eye on things. I will probably post up a few questions on the IDI pages here over the next few weeks as I grow accustomed to a diesel truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online