new guy

kla94

Reaction score
New to the site but have gotten help already. Got my carrier pump installed today, thanks GenLightening;Sweet I'm trying to post pics but just can't get it. What am I doing wrong? I have photobucket.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Welcome to the best source of reliable information on these trucks.
If you are new to the IDI engines, spend a few hours reading everything in the Tech section. Always post and read here before doing anything--you may save many hours of frustration.
Enjoy the site!

88fordidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome kla!

make sure you're using the correct link; you want to use the IMG link. html is for embedded and email/html is just an address link.

kla94

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's my truck. I can't get it to work for my avatar.

kla94

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's my mounting job for my carrier compliments of GenLightening!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice looking rig. I have to ask.. Way back on the top of the turbo that brass nipple needs to be replaced with a steel nipple. these engines vibrate a lot and that can break off easily and you probably wont know it till the engine is shot from low oil... Also if thats teflon tape please don't use that on any part of the engine or fuel system. It migrates and plugs things up. Its easy to use but very harmful to everything but water plumbing stuff. Still a nice looking rig and its a dually. Someday I will make or have a dually. I don't need it .. Just want it...

kla94

Reaction score
Thanks icanfixall. I realize the tape was a bad idea on the fuel pump. Got in a hurry and all the locals were closed. I had some threadlocker but after I started, could not find it. So used the tape and now the fuel filter light pops on around 2400rpms. Picked up some threadlocker when I was out of town today. Thanks for the advice. Truck is parked until I get the fittings resealed.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I would be more worried about that oil sender.
I'm guessing you have the factory sender and one for a aftermarket gauge?
No need to keep the factory one.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

88fordidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sharp looking truck!! And I don't have a clue about setting the avatar.. I haven't done it for myself yet lol

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My avatar was set for me by a couple of jokers one nite when they were talking about me. Don't know which one of the 2 but one of them said they needed to do something like that for me so they went online with my first and last name and this is the first pic that came up of me.. so there you have it. I had nothing to do with this other than helping Jason Thompson of diesel Power mag with his engine. Thats the hand pic he took of me and posted it in the article in the magazine. I had no idea it was in there either nor did i know it was online too. funny how bits and pieces of a person gets online. And to Treats.. Nope.. No online naked pics of me anywhere so don't go looking for them... I'm much more private than that and nope.. No glamour pics of me and my truck either...:D;p