New Guy Intro...

Keez

Reaction score
Since I got the bug a few months ago and started my search for a 3/4 or 1-ton truck for a slide on camper setup, I've been lurking on this great site learning alot. I made an offer yesterday and after a counter, I will be picking up an '87 E350, cutaway with a cab extension and a stepside bed. It's running a 6.9L, C6, 4.10 D60. Hopefully the couple pics are below. Can't wait to get her into my possession and start playing.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks
Keez

Keez

Reaction score
The uniqueness was what caught my eye, in addition the extended cab with a back seat....the brain is gearing up on some of the mods I'll make.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Please read the Hall of Shame forum so you have an idea what horrible sellers are waiting to take you moneys and give you nothing for it. This forum you have joined has many contacts where you get the best bang for your dollar. We also know where you can get ripped off. Thats an interesting van rig. Adding a Gear Vendors to it will increase the fuel mileage.

Keez

Reaction score
Thanks icanfixall....have already browsed the Hall of Shame. This is the first site that I have seen that has something like that, very helpful to newbies like myself. Adding a GV is definitely on my list of mods. I have read up as much as I can find on them.
Thanks

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!

That 87 6.9 is the last one with that displacement, but lacks nothing on a 7.3. Cavitation is not a constant problem and I think the 87 had the rocker arm and glow plug upgrades. The only downside is that the 6.9 was never fit with a turbo from the factory, so you have to do any special modifications to the engine yourself if you decide to install one.

Have fun! Working on a van engine has its own special rules and curse words, apparently.

Keez

Reaction score
Thanks Knuckledragger. When I drove the truck this past weekend, I was pleasantly surprised at the ride. This will be my first diesel and dually so its going to be a learning experience for sure. I have two brothers in Cali that have F350's that haul campers and bikes all around SoCal so between them and this board, I'm hoping to enjoy this experience. I kinda shuddered when looking at how packed in the engine is but I've learned some special words and phrases working on the BMW and will probably come up with some new ones in the process.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes