New fan clutch or convert to electric

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fan clutch on my 86 is TU. Temp gauge randomly *******. With the gauge far to the right, I can see the fan is spinning a lot slower than the pulley. I can slowly stop the clutch with a few paper towels.

We have lots of options it seems.

Motorcraft clutch. It looks like the P/N is YB467. I crossed Hayden to motocraft to come up with that number. Can anyone confirm this is the correct clutch?

Autozone Duralast clutch. It seems there is some disagreement in the most recent thread on who mfgs this. I think I would like to stay away from Hayden. It is also more expensive that the motorcraft clutch although there is that LL warranty ....

99+ Windstar fans?

95-2k Contour fans?

Lots of other electric fans. What's better in this arena?

Thoughts on all these options? I don't tow heavy. Most I would tow would likely be an open car trailer.

MTKirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fan clutch on my 86 is TU. Temp gauge randomly *******. With the gauge far to the right, I can see the fan is spinning a lot slower than the pulley. I can slowly stop the clutch with a few paper towels.

We have lots of options it seems.

Motorcraft clutch. It looks like the P/N is YB467. I crossed Hayden to motocraft to come up with that number. Can anyone confirm this is the correct clutch?

Autozone Duralast clutch. It seems there is some disagreement in the most recent thread on who mfgs this. I think I would like to stay away from Hayden. It is also more expensive that the motorcraft clutch although there is that LL warranty ....

99+ Windstar fans?

95-2k Contour fans?

Lots of other electric fans. What's better in this arena?

Thoughts on all these options? I don't tow heavy. Most I would tow would likely be an open car trailer.

I have the Windstar fans, works great until I try to pull my camper & bikes (10,500 gvw) in the summer heat. Then I'm down to 60mph and pulling over for grades. Back to a fan clutch or fixed fan for me next summer.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is one of those things where you're gonna have to search and make your own opinion which way you want to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk